What do you guys think of this cd? Surely you've heard the singles Steady As She Goes and Level by now, if you haven't given them a thourough listen you're really missing out. Its mindblowing, seriously. I can't even really describe how cool this cd is. I'm addicted to this band. The music is so different and more complex then anything the white stripes ever did. Absolutly awesome album, and band. Seriously you guys need to listen to this shit.

Cheak this shit out if you haven't already. If you have, discuss ya dig?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrG0CVoG_ww
First off, I thought the album was very unique and cool, but hearing it live was AMAZING!!!

Secondly, the white stripes were mor complex than you think. It takes a lot of work to be minimalistic.
dude dont get me wrong, i like the white stripes. I just know for a fact that the racouneurs have much more of a complete sound, a better drummer, and.. A BASS PLAYER!!!!11
My band is covering steady as she goes with no bass ! Its going to be so shitty
1# member of R.I.P layne staley club pm me to join
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
I'd like to hear your cover of the song. It's a great song but I've never heard it without a bass. It might be interesting.
i had a chance to see them live but we were moving that day. same thing with disturbed
Quote by 1talltwinkie
I'd like to hear your cover of the song. It's a great song but I've never heard it without a bass. It might be interesting.

When I record it Ill give it to you but the whole song is built and branched off of that bass line so it will sound much more white stripish with out it and be more raw
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
i prefere the white stripes to the racountures
I HATE YOU
Quote by _zac_
ill flame as much as i damn well please

suck my balls
They're two very different bands, I like both.

Musically, the Raconteurs are more complex, but talent wise, the white stripes are equal.

I love the combination of white and Benson singing.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
I absolutely love the white stripes, but I've yet to buy this album for some reason. I'll pick it up next time Im out.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
damn the cd is awesome i love Together, Hands, and Level. Yellow Sun, Steady as She Goes, and Blues Veins are really good to. Blues Veins live smokes way more then the album version. And every other track is good on the album. Hopefully they will come out with something else.
Great cd.
The Proverbial Mind Spread of The Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.
Originally posted by Draken
we're not nerds thank you very much i have a very respectable 40k imperial guard army.
Quote by tomisamonkeyman
damn the cd is awesome i love Together, Hands, and Level. Yellow Sun, Steady as She Goes, and Blues Veins are really good to. Blues Veins live smokes way more then the album version. And every other track is good on the album. Hopefully they will come out with something else.

Jack recorded a new White Stripes album last month and this month he is recording with the Raconteurs. He plans to tour with both bands than take a long break after the tours.

I hope I see can see both bands eventually.
Quote by vintage x metal
idk if my vagina can handle all of this at once.

Quote by hazzmatazz
It's a good time too stop when you start ejaculating air, right?

Quote by frankv
I've been raping my left hand
Good album. The music's even better live. I swear Led Zeppelin was being reincarnated on that stage.
I love the title track, one of the most original songs I've heard in a while. I also wrote a song called Together around the time this album came out, has that same progression for the chorus. But in my defense, mine is better.
I like the writing better with the White Stripes. They're both excellent bands, but Stripes lyrics are so quirkily brilliant.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
I think that the racontuers can do more and get more fans and are much more complex then the white stripes. Jack and the gang is really getting on their creative side with this band.
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman