I want my guitar to sound exactly like tom delonge. I love his music. What pickup could i use. Is the invader the best option. I'm building a guitar. Soon.... Well any suggestions on the wood. And i dont want to hear "What do you want to sound like Tom for" or "Tom Sucks"

I DONT CARE!

I want to sound like tom so if you can help me post, if not, go somewhere else.
Thanks Dewdadrew
Yep, the invader with an alder body guitar will get you pretty close to his tone
My Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Duncan SH-6 in bridge)
Fender 50's Stratocaster (Duncan Hotrails in bridge)
Fender Standard Telecaster (Fender SCN Pickups)
Marshall JCM 900 4500
Vox DA5
The invader is what he uses so logically...

Oh, and a hardtail strat bridge.

with just a volume

Its a really basic guitar.

If you have the money get a MIM strat and just get a new pickguard and stuff. Dont change the bridge, just block it off.

That way if you ever want more options you can go back.
i think its just one volume? control, an SD invader, no other pickups, i dont think he has a trem.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
And it HAS to be either surf green or pink.

=)
I have no idea what I'm talking about. Don't belive me.
Depends on what kind of guitar your trying to replicate the sound of. Remember he has the Fender sig with the Seymour duncan invader and he has a Gibson signiture with a gibson dirty fingers humbucker. A fender style strat with an invader should sound good though. And as someone else mentioned. Surf green or Daphine blue FTW

Tom delonge = Good in blink 182, crap in AVA
Quote by azza6
Darren you rock.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You win sir

Join the only "REAL" Stratocaster Group here

Free Fender Strat here!
Quote by m_hedborg
And it HAS to be either surf green or pink.

=)

or daphne blue!
FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?
Daphne blue and maple neck/FB ftw! So damned sexy.

I wouldn't get the sig, they're always overpriced.
Quote by Jonnomainman
Daphne blue and maple neck/FB ftw! So damned sexy.

I wouldn't get the sig, they're always overpriced.

Haha I got a the strat with daphne blue and a maple neck, its awesome.(ALthough green is my favorite color so I would have picked the surf green if they had it.)
My setup specs:

Guitars: Fender 50's stratocaster
Old jr accoustic crap guitar.

Amp: Roland cube 20x (Going to probably be traded in for a blues jr soon though.)

Effects: Dunlop gcb-95 wah
Boss dd-6 delay
Last edited by 50's strat at Mar 21, 2007,
He used a les paul a lot so yeah....

I know TOYPAJ and the self titled album each had a considerable amount of him recording with various gibbys. There's tons of videos of them recording the self titled album and Tom almost completely used gibbys and barely got a prototype of his sig like a month or two into recording.

He also used a variety of amps including mesa marshall and diesel, so yeah that's kind of up in the air.
Body= Alder
Pickup= SD Invader
Color= Dapne Blue Or graffiti yellow?
Best place to get a body? ebay?

Oh and im makin a fender sig. not the gibson, its a cool guitar but as the dude said before Tom in blink 182= Awsome Tom iNAVA= Crap