Page 1 of 2
So im just curious what amp did you use to practise with growing up...I used to use a line 6 spider and now I use a Dsl 401.

Bout YOU?
My Gear:
Ibanez RG 370DX
Ibanez TS9Dx
Marshall Dsl 401

Quote by Draind
i've had my eye on the mesa boogie line, my price range is under $600.

Quote by batman123
maybe you could buy a picture of one for 600, and just pretend for awhile...

I used a Peavey Rage 158 for four years until I bought my Classic 50 a few months ago.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Fender champion 100
i have yet to find another one exactly like it, online or in the store i got it from.
i'm still playing it until i can save up some money to get a Fender hot rod deluxe or some other tube amp.
A Yamaha G10, Marshall MG15MSII and shortly will be replaced by a Laney VC30. <3
My grandpa's Mesa Boogies I have a cool grandpa.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
i used and still use a kustom kga10

its not as bad as you think though, its pretty decent
I used a fender frontman 25r, loved that amp untill it broke down. Now I'm currently a Vox-man.
Marshall MG10CD Replaced it with a Peavey Enovy 110 a few months ago. Best ss amp money can buy. (Only 300 aswell)
i had a small jay turser, broke it, got an old small fender, and just got a new fender rumble amp
Fender Bullet 15 DSP, then a Marshall MG30DFX which i sold to pay towards my current Peavey Classic. the Fender is down at my dad's (he lives an hour or so away) so that i dont have to lug a 200W tube combo around.
My first months of guitar were spent with a Sammick 25w practise amp. Till I decided playing guitar was for keeps and bought myself an Orange amp
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
first year i used a marshall mg50 and now i use a peavy 6505+ half-stack
Quote by xsynysterx06
adio_stack...i love you.
im not homo..

Quote by RideTheAnger13
lmao, omg, Adio, you have the best avatar known to man!
I don't even remember what my first amp was, but I played with a Stage 25 for a few of the early years. It was a Univox by another name with a real groovy 70's logo!

Had a white/maple Univox Strat at the same time that I wish I still had.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
My first amp was a Peavey Special 112.

After that came (by manufacturer, not order of purchase)

Crate 50 watt head from the 80's
Crate GX1200 full stack
Line 6 Spider 2 head (cheap backup for tube head)
Marshall Valvestate head
Marshall DSL 100 head
Peavey Butcher Half Stack (tube head)
Peavey 5150 head

Now I have the Dual Rec half stack and am totally satisfied with the gain and volume. May get a 212 cabinet though, still debating.
"I can play pretty fast on an instrument and I can do some pretty dazzling things if I want, but that only goes so far. You know, that's only going to interest people to a certain degree, it only has a certain stimulation." ~Steve Vai~
my 1st amp came built-in the case - came from Montgomery Wards - it was 1965 or 66... I got hooked. Then in 67' I heard Hendrix and it was all over... Now I'm 55 AND STILL FRIGGIN' HOOKED on makin' bloody noise
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Last edited by strangedogs at Mar 21, 2007,
I've played with a fender frontman25 amp for a couple years, then a cube15/30, now a orange rocker 30 combo!
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by strangedogs
my 1st amp came built-in the case - came from Montgomery Wards - it was 1965 or 66... I got hooked. Then in 67' I heard Hendrix and it was all over... Now I'm 55 AND STILL FRIGGIN' HOOKED on makin' bloody noise

ahaha that's awesome! if i can't meet a veteran now, might as well talk to you about things.
Roland Cube 20x
86% of the people who frequent the "Electric Guitar" forum would say that they have played guitar for under 5 years.
First Amp... A fender Vibro-champ!! sweet all tube amp, till I needed money, and sold it for 50 bucks!!!(if i only knew then what i know now!) DAMN IT! now they're damn near 400 bucks! oh well live and learn! so now I'll learn to live with the Crates.....
Prong =
I used some 20 watt Vibe amp for a year and a half, before upgrading to a Fender Princeton 65 watt for a year and a half, until I upgraded to my Peavey JSX 212.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
stuck with the crate glx30 for the first 2 or 3 years. apparently didn't know anything about tone and got the half-stack version of it. i was aware that it sounded exactly the same too... goddamnit.

but now i got an epi valve junior and having a hard time starting to mod it... sounds fine now, but just barely makes band practice volume.

i think after effects and drum set upgrades i'm going for the mesa single rect.
oh it's a long road.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
My first set was just a Squier strat pack, with the Frontman 15G.

However i'm still practicing and learning but my gear has upgraded to a ad30vt and an Epiphone Les Paul.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Crate GX65, I liked the amp, but after a few years wanted something new.
Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Custom(Alpine White)
-Alvarez RD20S(Natural)
-Ibanez AE20E (Blue)
-Peavey Valveking half stack
-Crate Blue Voodoo 6212
-Boss ME-50
-BC Rich Warlock Exotic w EMG 81

Ashton's Magnum Myspace
Used a Bass cube 60 from the 70's
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
my faithful late 80s fender M-80 which i still use today for practice and the occasional recording.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Mine was a little 10watt radio shack amp...sold it. then funny enough i ran into it 5 years later in a pawn shop in my town with all the same markings i made on it and everything so i knew it was my old amp. So i bought it right away for 20 bucks..lol..but now i play my Carvin legacy.
Carvin Legacy
Ibanez RG 470 w/Evo's
ESP Viper
Ibanez TS9
MXR Ten-band EQ
MXR Phase 90
MXR Smart-Gate
Boss DD-3
Dime CRybaby from HELL

Microcube
Last edited by sleepytone at Mar 22, 2007,
Started with some Crate GFX212 thing...had it for a few years and upgraded to Hot Rod Deluxe...man I wish I knew back when I bought that crate what I know now. That HRD is great and I'm loving it, but hopefully will be replaced by the end of this year with a Deluxe or Twin Reverb.
4 8 15 16 23 42
Started with a Squire Strat and a Danelectro Dirty 30. Then Bumped it up to the strat, Epiphone Les Paul Standard, POD XT Live, and a 1964 Gibson Discoverer 1x12 amp. *learn from this* >>>>>>SAVED MY MONEYS<<<<<<<< Now I'm using the gear listed in my sig. and I love it. My rig has come a looong way and it has a way to go but this is good right now for what I do.
Quote by UnsignedRecords

...oh it's a long road.

I hear that! *sigh*

Then: Crate G40CXL

Now: Music Man 50RD with a Carr 2x12 Slant 6V Cab

Still: Yamaha DG-Stomp [it's a damn good processor because its damn good at modeling other amps like Mesa/Marshall/Fender etc...]
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.
Last edited by FrenchBread at Mar 22, 2007,
first 2 years I played on a Dean Markley 312B 1x12 bass amp and a Boss DS-1

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Page 1 of 2