Ok, so I'm broke and needed to get my strat back together for a school project. I ended up purchasing the prewired strat pickguard from stewmac.com

Ok so, I'm confused. Schematics are just making me more confused.

I've got the thick wire spliced into a white wire and a black wire. Then I have the thin black wire. How do I wire these up to my jack. The schematics make it seem like i need to pull both the thick wire and the thin wire through to my jack so one can go to ground, but they won't both fit through the hole, leading me to believe I'm not supposed to do it like that. Can anyone explain this to me?
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
i think the black wire goes through the guitar to the grounding on the tremolo plate, and the white one through to the jack
...That doesn't really help me. Thanks anyway. Anyone else?

Edit: The wires aren't spliced, just a black wire and a white wire encased together.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Wait I think I got it figured out. That actually helps now. But what's the tremolo plate? Sorry for the noobishness.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Ok ok. I'm remembering now. There used to be a string that went through the the piece that held the bridge springs. I take it that's the tremolo plate.

So, the black and white wires that are together, they go through to the jack, one positive and one negative. The thin wire then goes down to the tremolo plate thing to ground it. Correct?
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
ISP Decimator