My birthday is coming up (Monday, the 26th ^_^) , and I'm thinking about getting a new amp. I currently have a Line 6 Spider II 15W and it sounds like crap (especially when I play with my band). I play stuff like Green Day (old and newer songs), Blink-182, Bowling For Soup, Queens of The Stone Age, etc. Rock in general. My target price is around $200 to $300 (at most around $350). Would the Vox AD30VT/AD50VT be a good choice? Also, if there's any better amps around that price range, can you guys tell me some? Thanks.

P.S. I have an Ibanez RG120, if that makes any difference.
Roland Cube 60 if you can afford it, if not maybe a Cube 30
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
I'd say save your money, you want your second amp to be a good solid state. save till you can spend 500-600 much more options there.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
you play Blink with an Ibanez RG? Oh well its got humbuckers well i would say get an MG!!! YEAH!!! THEY ARE THE BEST!!! JOKING!!! Go with an Orange. theyre nice. Im actually planing on getting the AD30VT my self cheap and all tube with some nice effects. Go with either an Orange or the VOX ur call
Member of the "Defenders of Emo,PM eckman88 to join "

Founder Of The Artcore/Hollow Body Users Club PM me to join

Quote by Chuck Norris
Leading hand sanitizers claim they can kill 99.9 percent of germs. I kill 100 percent of whatever the fuck he wants.
I'd say Roland Cube too. I worship my 60.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
try any of the marshall mg series, they are mostly around that price and are pretty versitale. if the amp isn't a present, it might be worth your while to save up a little more and get a better one.
(PS- we have the same birthday!)
Quote by thehardwayout
. Im actually planing on getting the AD30VT my self cheap and all tube with some nice effects. Go with either an Orange or the VOX ur call

AD30VT is not all tube, it's got a tube in the preamp which is really little more than a marketing gimmick. Yes Orange are great amps but the only ones in his price range are the crush series which probably wouldn't be great at doing his style of music
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Quote by Bossman123
AD30VT is not all tube, it's got a tube in the preamp which is really little more than a marketing gimmick. Yes Orange are great amps but the only ones in his price range are the crush series which probably wouldn't be great at doing his style of music

From what I've heard, the Crush series aren't good at any style of music.
Actually I have about $150 I could add to my price range. So yeah...

EDIT: I like the sound of the Cube 60, but I don't think they have it at the Guitar Center near me. They have the Vox ADXXVT's though. I want to try them out first. I tried the MG series (the combos) the last time I went and I didn't really like it (except for the MG100HDFX,which was alright, but I didn't want one).
Last edited by guyperson at Mar 21, 2007,
Quote by guyperson
Actually I have about $150 I could add to my price range.

If you can get up to $400 or so, you could get yourself a nice little all tube Blues Jr brand new, or a bigger tube amp on the used market. You would then be all set.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.