What are the consequences of adjusting the location of your saddles? I don't mean the height, but how far back they are on the bridge. Would this cause your strings to go out of tune higher up on the neck or what?
I'm pretty sure that is how you adjust your intonation.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

Okay, so I understand that much, but I mean, what'd be the point? I've never really seen any use for it.
It's there so when you change the height of your saddles you can fix your intonation.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

Quote by aixelsydevahi
It's there so when you change the height of your saddles you can fix your intonation.

Correct, as well as for when you change string gauges, and neck relief. These changes will require that your saddles be moved a bit to correct the intonation.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Moving the saddles forwards/backwards will shorten and lengthen the string respectively. You need to do this to intonate your bass.