Poll: would you date someone who visually displeasing?
Poll Options
View poll results: would you date someone who visually displeasing?
yes
32 9%
within limits
252 68%
no
86 23%
Voters: 370.
Page 1 of 3
Some people on UG have pretty unjust views on this, and I just wanted to see the statistics.

Personally I would date anyone, as long as they were a good person and we were good friends. I dont give a shit what they look like.

wait for the poll, please
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I'm not gonna wait for your poll cuz I'm a rebel

K-edit: I voted "within limits", because I've got a thing against really skinny/fat people.

I want a girl with a playful, smart personality and that's what matters the most. And if she looks like mistress_ibanez, that's just a bonus
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Last edited by Kensai at Mar 21, 2007,
It does. It's what initially attracts someone in the first place.
Quote by Bill43

I wouldn't know an Opeth song from an Egg McMuffin
As long as they're not absolutely appalling I would.
Quote by 94 hours

Quote by dumps
i dont really know what is good so maybe you guys could give me some suggestions of a good practice amp with some a effects between 70 and 100pound. cheers

your buying an amp based on weight??
Quote by Kensai

sooo dreammy

but ya i think a certain amount of physical attraction is needed for me but the way she acts and thinks are what do it for me more.
Im sure you wouldnt date brain pepper's female counter part, even if she was like mother theresa. There are limitations to things. Like, I would never date a fat chick simply because thats like, the biggest turn off for me. Looks do matter, but they dont have to be drop dead amazing for me to like them, but can't be really bad...
I'm not going to date a girl who LITERALLY looks like a velocoraptor (sp?). But I don't place big emphasis on looks.
Quote by BearWithAGun
I've only known one man to use such a gun, and I believe I've killed him two times
Quote by Izz
Yes it does. You are screwed. Sorry.

I know
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
People hate to admit it, but most, if not all relationships are owed to physical attraction. You can't have that kind of a relationship with someone if you aren't attracted to them. So yes, beauty does matter. Your own interpretation of beauty anyway, no-one else's.
im not going to date someone that would make me either scream because of the horror or vomit because she is fugly.
I wouldn't go out with someone I'm not attracted to... that just doesn't make sense..
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Quote by Tooth Fairy
I wouldn't go out with someone I'm not attracted to... that just doesn't make sense..

but there can be more than just physical attraction
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Your stupid poll meant I clicked yes because I was answering the thread title rather than the poll title.

And yes beauty matters. I wouldn't date someone who I thought was ugly. That would be stupid. I'd only date someone I find attractive.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
they dont have to be the worlds best looker, but i doubt i would go out with somene i though was hideous loking(and boy are there a few round here)
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
Quote by wahappen
It does. It's what initially attracts someone in the first place.

Exactly.

You aren't likely to discover the personality of someone for romantic ends unless their appearance attracts you.

You're not looking for a serious relationship or marriage because of looks, but that's what it will normally start with.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
I voted no, because I'm honest. I'm not going to say that I'd date someone I wasn't physically attracted to, because if it were true I'd be doing it. That being said, I wouldn't date someone with an awful personality either. I have to fall in love with everything about someone to fall in love at all.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by rabidguitarist

Yes, but looks can blind. If you're shallow like me. And you're sick of getting yelled at by your Dad...Why won't you love me Daddy? My girlfriends aren't that ugly.

^Most of that was a joke
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
Quote by dazzler16
Beauty and Pretty are different things.

Beauty in my personal opinion is only personality-wise.

pretty is what you see.

VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Well, even if the girl doesnt look too hot, i'll fo out with her, but there's limits, of course. I place personnality higher than physical beauty
Quote by Dog
You must be able to tremolo pick like a mad man.

Quote by RinestoneCowboy
How the **** do you jerk off?

Oh yeah: I'm a French-Canadian so excuse my English .
put it this way. im ugly as sin. i fell down the ugly tree and hit every branch, and then landed on a shovel. and i never find love, girlfriends or have the occasional fling. NEVER. so yes, i think beauty may well matter.
Quote by Guitardude19
The only things I kill are wasps, flies, and slugs.

And I dont do it nicely either. I boiled a slug in highly saturated salt water and put a wasp in a microwave. I hate wasps so much.
Oh and I did'nt Give my answer

I would not date someone who did not have a degree of Beauty(personality wise)

I would have no problem dating any type of girl except thos that are over weight AND Complail WHILE doing nothing about it.
My ex wasnt a good looker. I only went out with her because i've known her for years (She's my best mates sister) and (at the time) liked the same stuff. Then she went emo and we split when she went physco.
I wouldn't wanna date The HunchBack of Notre Dam
i have and will date ugly girls, but being with an attractive girl is so much better.
Read my post. Not this.
It depends on certain factors, such as if i'm getting paid and how drunk i am.
Yes and No.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
well ya certainly shouldn't continue to date someone you find unattractive.

if you've gotten to know them, and that hasn't shaped the way you look at them, in a powerful positive way, there's no hope.

that doesn't mean you shouldn't start, though.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by Kensai

K-edit: I voted "within limits", because I've got a thing against really skinny/fat people.

I want a girl with a playful, smart personality and that's what matters the most. And if she looks like mistress_ibanez, that's just a bonus

I voted within limits. Inner beauty is a lot more important. I couldn't go out with an attractive jerk.
Quote by rabidguitarist

Yes.. but when you first meet someone, what you see is what attracts you too them. I could see myself going out with someone who wasn't all that good looking that I'd been friends with for ages.. because looks fade either way. When you get to know someone, you stop seeing what they look like. Whether someone's good looking or not, I think you kinda stop seeing it eventually, unless you go looking for it.
But if you're attracted to someones mind and repulsed by their looks you can be pretty much guaranteed that they'd rather not be with someone who looks at them that way.
I wouldn't want to go out with someone who found me "visually displeasing"
~Domino?

Musics
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

I voted within limits. Inner beauty is a lot more important. I couldn't go out with an attractive jerk.

Damnit...
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Its a little bit of both..The personality is what really matters, but I always like the girl to look decent. Without a good personality Im not even gunna date them tho..Ive dated a girl just bc of her looks..and she was the most annoying bitch I have ever met haha. So, its a little bit of both for me....

LoG122392
"Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain R.I.P

\_/ This is the Care-Cup! As you can see, it is empty...

p.s. haters, may you trip and fall in a puddle of AIDS.

Someone you'd like to date would be both mentally and physically attractive. You wouldn't date someone who was hot but had a really shitty personality, and you wouldn't date someone who you could talk easily with but made you throw up a little.
For me it matters a lot but I guess if I liked everything else about him/her then looks would not be that important. I try not to be vain and base my decisions on looks but I don't think I'd be able to be sexual attracted to someone if they were repulsive, no matter how cool they were. If that were the case I'd just became good friends with them.
Quote by Izz
Yes it does. You are screwed. Sorry.

rabidguitarist is hawt, what are you talking about?
I'm attracted to plenty of people who I would say aren't exactly 'glamourous'. But beauty always comes first to me, but then again it depends if I really know that person at all.
With in limits; consider both outer and inner "beauty," with an emphasis on inner in my case, though dating a hot girl doesn't hurt anything.
Quote by Ipster
Someone you'd like to date would be both mentally and physically attractive. You wouldn't date someone who was hot but had a really shitty personality, and you wouldn't date someone who you could talk easily with but made you throw up a little.

Exactly.. I think it's silly to say it doesn't matter.
I don't understand how someone could go out with someone that makes them go "ew".
~Domino?

Musics
Page 1 of 3