does anyone remember a thread i made about a week ago about the whole reality thing. i think i found out what it is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depersonalization_disorder

this is almost an exact description of what goes on with me. how could i find out for sure?
MY BANDS

Phat Toosday and the Astro-Bus
artists.ultimate-guitar.com/ptabmusic

Lets All Get Superpowers
artists.ultimate-guitar.com/lags

Hobstolopho
artists.ultimate-guitar.com/hobstolopho

Come Visit Today!!!
I always thought that was called an out of body experience but i got that a lot when i was younger but it hasn't happened it a long time, BUT today when i was riding the bus i didn't really focus on where i was until i got off it felt so incredibly routine, I didn't even think about getting a transfer or switching buses i felt like a robot.

Also to threadstarter: I have a question about how the feeling is to see if we are experiencing the same thing, for instance when you are having DD does it feel like when you move your hands that your not really controlling them but they are moving, same thing with walking you know your moving its just hard to relate what is making you move and stuff like that is that how you feel?
Last edited by Shredder6 at Mar 21, 2007,
Shredder, that's what happening to me. Almost all the time, I feel like I'm not there and I don't know what the **** is going on. People at school think I'm a druggie. Oh well...
Quote by Dog
You must be able to tremolo pick like a mad man.

Quote by RinestoneCowboy
How the **** do you jerk off?

Oh yeah: I'm a French-Canadian so excuse my English .
It really is like some sort of drug that i have never tried, how old are you if you don't mind im just wondering in comparison to me
Do you ever get it, where you just blank your mind for a few minutes, and then realise that you've been day dreaming, and then it hit's you that what you see is real, and this is your life being lived. I can't explain it, it's wierd. It's a spooky feeling, not as good as going over a fast bump in a car though.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by Shredder6
I always thought that was called an out of body experience but i got that a lot when i was younger but it hasn't happened it a long time, BUT today when i was riding the bus i didn't really focus on where i was until i got off it felt so incredibly routine, I didn't even think about getting a transfer or switching buses i felt like a robot.

Also to threadstarter: I have a question about how the feeling is to see if we are experiencing the same thing, for instance when you are having DD does it feel like when you move your hands that your not really controlling them but they are moving, same thing with walking you know your moving its just hard to relate what is making you move and stuff like that is that how you feel?

Don't worry about it as long as it's not causing significant distress in your life. For something to be characterized as a disorder, it MUST be impairing your life so much that you can't go about things as you normally would.

If this is how things are, by all means see a psychologist. But chances are that you're absolutely fine.
^sometimes i day dream and wake up and I'm like oh ya, im supposed to be doing something..
Quote by TheCD
Don't worry about it as long as it's not causing significant distress in your life. For something to be characterized as a disorder, it MUST be impairing your life so much that you can't go about things as you normally would.

If this is how things are, by all means see a psychologist. But chances are that you're absolutely fine.

no no, all these things happened when i was younger and they haven't happened in at least 5 years so it's not a disorder
great, now u have me thinking im depressed or have some anxiety disorder... lol, it doesnt happen often for me though
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
That's really odd. I don't think anything that strange has happened to me, although sometimes I zone out so badly I could pass through a crowd and not notice anyone around me. There's been times when my friends would pass by me and try to get my attention and I wouldn't notice.
Quote by nick dixon
I can't explain it, it's wierd. It's a spooky feeling, not as good as going over a fast bump in a car though.

The two feelings are auctually quite similar if you think about it. From the pit of the stomach or something.