hi there

i have a problem, when i connect my guitar to the pc through the mic opening i dont get any sound at all . i dont know what is the problem may be the cable but i dont think so
also i installed some programs like guiar rig and guitar fx
so any help please
DO NOT PLUG IT IN THERE!

Go through your soundcard
Quote by idontloveyou
oh my.
you poor soul.
i'll go and slit my wrists for you so you dont have to.

So...in doing this, is it possible to record your guitar straight onto ur computer? (sorry if this osunds No0bish, i really havent ever tried plugging my guitar into my PC before)
yeah if you have a program like Audacity. i personally go through a Line 6 Toneport, which plugs into the USB socket and has recording and amp modelling software with it. check out the recording forum.
so (god i sound so nooby) can you download Audacity? is it free? or do i have to obtain it from a guitar shop, thus paying for it?
the sound card is built in and yes i did plugged it in the line in but nothing helpful right now
yeah its free, just go to http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ and download it

^ download Audacity, set the input to "What You Hear", make sure the Line In volume is turned up, and you should hear the guitar through the speakers. i cant remember if you have to plug into an amp, then that into the pc tho
it's free
Quote by idontloveyou
oh my.
you poor soul.

u dun HAVE to go through ur amp but the volume is realli soft if u dun
my humble gears:

Ibanez Prestige RG1570 with EVOS!!!
Epiphone Std LesPaul with PAFs

EVJ -> 1960av
EHX Metal Muff, Big Muff, Small Clone
Ibanez WD7, VOX V847, OD-3, BLT slap echo

FIRST Member #11 of the EHX Users Guild
ok i managed to connect it to the line in and it works the sound is clean till now but the program didn't work with it ??!
but, the program can't hear it? try different input settings, try turning up the gain on the left (eg +12dB). click record and play the guitar, see if it registers the sound.
do you have the recordingthingy in audacity set to Line-in, and not Mic ?
Quote by idontloveyou
oh my.
you poor soul.

Quote by Kryptonite_0194
do you have the recordingthingy in audacity set to Line-in, and not Mic ?

i dont know where it is, i checked audacity preference i selected my soundcard there only
Last edited by slobby at Mar 22, 2007,