I have a gibson SG signature series and I tried to lower the action on it by turning the two screws on the bridge. I finally got the height just right but after I tuned it up the sound was just horrible. Nothing was buzzing but the sound of it was muddy for the lack of a better term. What did I do wrong? I have it back the way it was but the action on it is just way to high.

Thanks
Adjust the pickups as you change the action, after you change it they will be too close to the pickups which will make a muddy tone.
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
Wow I didn't even think of that. I had to adjust my single coil pickups on my strat when I lowered the action. But I have never adjusted on a humbucker before. How do I do that just like on single coil pickups by turning the two screws on the sides of them?
Thanks I know you can't tell me for certain how to get that clear crisp tone back. Do you have any tips? It wasn't this hard when I was messing around with my strat.

Thanks again
Quote by YouWantToKillME
Thanks I know you can't tell me for certain how to get that clear crisp tone back. Do you have any tips? It wasn't this hard when I was messing around with my strat.

Thanks again

I generally start close to the strings and go from there.
Here is an online tutorial that should help you:
http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/aph.htm
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
I have heard of that before but I can't remember what it is. I don't want to sound like a total idiot but HUH?