Ok, so, I have been wondering for a while why Line 6 amps are hated so much in these forums. I've played on one and it sounds fine (only played on that and my behringer vtone gm108) with lots of distortion and stuff

Next, does anyone know a great iron maiden song that isnt too hard (i found the solo in benjamin breeg to be too fast at parts)

Finally, would it be a better decision to get a new guitar or amp (guitar=behringer v tone 2 amp=behringer vtonegm108). i play mostly heavy metal, classic metal, death metal, etc.

It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

1. theyre not tube. every one here has too have a tube amp of course.
2. run to the hills is pretty easy
3. ill sell you mine its a bc rich platinum pro asm(floyd rose!)

80th best UGer
Maybe my answers will help.

1. I don't know, I've played Line 6 Spiders, and the tone seems fine.

2. Holy Smoke, 2 Minutes to Midnight.

3. Amp
666 BRO
Quote by mustangrobert13

3. ill sell you mine its a bc rich platinum pro asm(floyd rose!)

sorry dude, i dont have money yet, i still gotta save lol
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty

Quote by Kankuro
BTW Spartan 118
Cool avatar and username.

its people like you that make me feel special
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty

- not tube (as someone said)
- 2 minustes till midnight
- amp if you want a different/better sound, guitar if you don't like the feel of yours
1: They lack tone for anything but really high gain stuff, and while decent for practice, once your played a highend SS or tube you'll never use them (line 6) for pretty much anything else.
2: No idea brotha
3:AMP, ALL YOU TONE COMES FOR YER HANDS AND YER AMP!
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
1. its not because its not tube, TONS of non-tube amps sound fine, I personally don't like it because its very harsh and trebly, especially with cleans, and its not Line 6 thats hated, just the Spider series, they're Flextones and Vetta's (mmm.. Vetta.. ) are very nice.

2. try The Trooper

3. Get a new amp first.. but save your money, untill you have like 700 bucks, too many people here buy a cheap modeller for their second amp. remember, they're are better solid states than modellers.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
2. Aces High, the trooper, Genghis khan( so thats where last resort came from...)
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt
doodleface, is your sig from empire earth?
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty

Quote by spartan 118
doodleface, is your sig from empire earth?

I have no idea, I just heard the phrase "All your base are belong to us" all over the place, thought it was cool.. and then I 'modded' it a bit, to make it even cooler.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
line 6s have TERRIBLE metal tone
Quote by cagnius
I'd rather be spooning than doing my essay...
for a Maiden song, I will say the Iron Maiden since it does have a solo (only a few licks), wrathchild is cool, aces high and the trooper are not that hard.
MY GEARS:
Ibanez S520EX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul w/ Killswitch
Fender 12-string Acoustic
Fender Champion300 (to be changed soon to a Tube Amp)
Ibanez TS-9 Overdrive pedal
Boss PW-10 pedal
You get what you pay for with a L6 spider, which is a decent modeling amp, which, IMO, gives you somewhat of a thin, computerized tone.

Try The Trooper, with the solos if you can.
Quote by Doodleface
I have no idea, I just heard the phrase "All your base are belong to us" all over the place, thought it was cool.. and then I 'modded' it a bit, to make it even cooler.

Last edited by natel0083 at Mar 21, 2007,
Quote by spartan 118
Ok, so, I have been wondering for a while why Line 6 amps are hated so much in these forums.

It's because Line 6 owns and the shitty guitar kids think valve amps will make them sound like slipknot and atreyu because their magazines told them so.
I AM THE SOLAR POWERED ROBOT LORD OF CHICKEN.
Line 6 overall has problem with the high vol's. Otherwise, okay amps. The Iron Maiden song you should learn is The Trooper. It was the first song I learned from the MAIDEN, and it is totally ass kickin'! And last but not least, the amps you were talking about are okay for the price, better than Line 6, but not much better. Look into maybe Fender amps around that price. I got some links for ya!

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-FM-65DSP-65-Watt-1x12-Frontman-Combo-Amp-with-DSP?sku=483721

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Valvetronix-AD30VT-30W-Guitar-Combo?sku=481959

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Cube-30X-Amp-with-COSM?sku=487032
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?