Mkay, I'm still learning guitar, I've been playing for 5 months; Rhythm
I was wondering is anyone knew (which I'm sure you do) how to make this certain noise with a guitar?
It's like a 'wicky wicky' (hahaha, I sound like a dork xD) kind of noise. It's in the front of All The Small things By blink-182, could someone tell me how to make that noise with my guitar, so I don't feel stupid later on? :]
I don't listen to Blink-182, sounds like palm muting...
--"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."--
ya its muting, im not sure if its palm muting or just laying ur left over the strings and hitting Xs cause the guitar doesnt get very much in the mix on there songs
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had the tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.

Quote by xDie_Romanticx
just dont get it in your eyes and wear gloves
My english sucks so im going to make this as simple as i can. Put your palm at the far end of the guitar strings, almost when they get to the brigde. Now play the chord...it sounds muted...therefore...palm muted.
by the sound you're describing it sounds more like left hand muting rather then palm muting. left hand muting is when your left (fretting) hand rests and mutes the strings on the neck while you strum the strings above the pickups.

palm muting is when you rest the long edge of your right palm (the part that's connected to your pinky) LIGHTLY against the strings near the brindge and play with your palm anchored on the strings. Be sure not to press to hard or the notes will go sharp
hmmmm...
When notes are played, but sound muffled, they are usually palm muted. When they are muted using the left hand, it gives you that percussive type sound.
Quote by DeathDealer
you people are daft

"You rise as high as your dominant aspiration, you descend to the level of your lowest concept of yourself. Free your mind and your ass will follow." Funkadelic

Member #7 of the Peavey is Amazing Club
I listened to the song, and i think it's muted using the right hand, ie, palm muting. Not sure though, since i tried it using acoustic, and not electric.
KIDroach is your 1+1=3 deal a Covey reference? Synergize?
Quote by DeathDealer
you people are daft

"You rise as high as your dominant aspiration, you descend to the level of your lowest concept of yourself. Free your mind and your ass will follow." Funkadelic

Member #7 of the Peavey is Amazing Club
listen to fenderfrk10, it's basically just muting the strings with the fretting hand and strumming them
the "wicky wicky" is definately left handed muting. like a previous poster said juist lay your finger(s) across the strings so they are barely touching them and without pushing them down and just strum like normal.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals