I didnt know who else to ask so I turned to the wise sages at UG! Hopefully someone can help me.

This is my amp:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/GallienKrueger-Backline-115-Combo?sku=482536

Anyway, my problem is that if I have the volume up to at least 50% the sound gets distorted and it sounds terrible. I tried changing my mids, bass and treble setting to 50% thinking the EQ was overloading it or something but that didnt help at all. Im not really sure what to do. I can barely be heard over the drummer and when the guitarist is here no one can hear me at all.
Last edited by __Ronnie__ at Mar 21, 2007,
as i once said five minutes ago: "if the quality of the amp sucks get a less suckier one."
Uh, I wouldn't call that a sucky amp at all.

Maybe you're getting feedback from standing too close to your amp or setting it up too close to your guitarist's amp. That's all I can think of.
^I get this problem even when the guitarist isnt around

All the settings are at 50% and the distortion is off. I was thinking maybe its a problem with the speaker but Im not really sure.
Last edited by __Ronnie__ at Mar 21, 2007,
Sometimes my amp gives me a nasty sound when I get to close to magnets or an electronic device (TV etc) with the guitar
Gear:
Yamaha ERG121C
Yamaha DB-10 with drive
DistEQ distortion pedal
Pawnshop bass (Thunderbird Ripoff)
Eleca DB-20
Ernie Ball Regular Slinkys
*SOON*
Dimebag Crybaby From Hell
BC Rich Warlock Bronze
My amp does it.U jus need a better amp.If u turn it up to load u might ruin the speaker.
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble