never played it.

but John Petrucci plays one, so it cannot be bad.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
If you have the cash go for it. my friend has one and wont let me play it, so i cant tell you my experiences about it.
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

They are like 3k, so I wouldnt even bother touching one, lest the knob break off and im down 700 bucks for a new knob.
Quote by MetalDisease
http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Rectifier_Series/roadster/roadster.html

im looking to get the stack... i hear good things. what did you think?

yea ive played the head version. its pretty badass. the reverb soudns great, and if youve ever played a dual rec, the 3rd channel is basically the same as the orange channel, and the 4th is the red. 1st is the clean. the 2nd is basically another clean thats voiced a bit different, you can get a more british sound out of channel 2 imo. its a great amp so long as you have patience to twist the knobs a bit. go for it.
Quote by SublimeGuitar
If you have the cash go for it. my friend has one and wont let me play it, so i cant tell you my experiences about it.

yea, i have about $800 now, but im gonna be working in the summer...
Quote by cagnius
I'd rather be spooning than doing my essay...
oh yea i forgot to mention that i wanna use it for heavy metal, although i hear its good for both.
Quote by cagnius
I'd rather be spooning than doing my essay...
its good for about anything you can through at it. ive actually been thinking of selling my dual rec and saving up for one.
i have a question about these, too.
would this footswitch (including the tuner mute) work for the combo version?
http://mesa.stores.yahoo.net/fc-rs.html
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
I almost bought the head version, before I tried out the Triple Rectifier and fell in love. The Road King was very impressive. I'd recommend it.

edit: Shit, I thought it was the Road King, not the Roadster. No idea about that one. My apologies.
Mark IV is another great Mesa Boogie amp that can do metal.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
If you can afford the amp, it's one of the best ones you an buy. You'd be suprised at how many bands use a dual rectifier. But they are a tad more than the average guitarist can afford. But if you can afford one, get one they are amazing.