I saw he's coming to a venue like 10 minutes from my house in the summer, and my dad and I are interested in going. Before tickets go on sale though, does he still put on good shows? I don't know a lot of his music, just the stuff they play on the radio, but i plan to get more cds once i get money, and I already know just from the live version of "Do you feel like we do" that he is an incredible guitarist.

So yes or no?
It's been awhile since I've seen him live. I last saw him at an outdoor concert with Journey in August of 2001. He put on a great show then. Of course that was six years ago so....
Quote by thedude051
bubbaearl...Man that is...THE SICKEST NAME EVER!!!

Quote by Stress Cow
bubbaearl... apparently it's the sickest name ever

Are you over 30?
Probably not, but if you are, click HERE.
I never got to see Frampton Live in Person, but I saw him do a show on Soundstage (TV) one night. From watching that I bet it will be a pretty sweet show. I think he has gotten a little bit of a bad reputation at times because his music was slightly more "pop" geared (somewhat the same as Clapton in more recent times).

I think because of that some people overlook his guitar work. That is a great live version you mentioned and it would seem (if the Soundstage performance was any indication) that he can definitely still bring some "guitar thunder".

I say go, well if the tickets aren't ridiculously priced, and maybe even if they are. I'd be going... if I had some money.

BTW, love the VR avatar, go Velvet Revolver! (if that is indeed who you're supporting, lol)
Quote by Fifth_Column
I never got to see Frampton Live in Person, but I saw him do a show on Soundstage (TV) one night. From watching that I bet it will be a pretty sweet show. I think he has gotten a little bit of a bad reputation at times because his music was slightly more "pop" geared (somewhat the same as Clapton in more recent times).

I think because of that some people overlook his guitar work. That is a great live version you mentioned and it would seem (if the Soundstage performance was any indication) that he can definitely still bring some "guitar thunder".

I say go, well if the tickets aren't ridiculously priced, and maybe even if they are. I'd be going... if I had some money.

BTW, love the VR avatar, go Velvet Revolver! (if that is indeed who you're supporting, lol)

I don't really care if his music is poppy, as long as I enjoy it I don't care what it's classified as. Tickets aren't that bad, cheapest tickets are $37 and most expensive are $57.

and yeah, VR rocks. lol
I saw him last year. He's still great. I'd recommend going to see him.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
My grandfather is "friends" with his bassist (they live close to each other), so last time I spoke to my grandfather, he told me that he spoke to John (formerly known as "Skinny") Reagen, who (whether this next part is true or not, I don't know) says they need a rhythm guitarist for their upcoming tour with The Doobie Brothers, and my grandfather supposedly suggested me.

He's been trying to hook me up to jam with them for a couple of years now (he is nuts).
Yes. Saw him last October. Very good show, great guitarist.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Never seen him, but his instrumental cover of Black Hole Sun on his new album rocks!
Quote by BrainDamage
Yes. Saw him last October. Very good show, great guitarist.

Yeah, but when I saw him he played lots from Fingerprints and I was a bit unhappy. At least he saved some big hits for the end of the show. Not much from Frampton Comes Alive however.
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
Oh crap, his tickets are going on sale the same day as Rush's. hopefully i don't have to choose.