i was browsing the effect gallery haha and was wondering how well could a guitar wah pedal work for bass. i was thinking of experimenting. anybody have any suggestions on what guitar wah pedal could work nice for bass
Not as smooth as guitar, but it works to an extent. They do make wah pedals for bass, but IIRC, they're pretty expensive.
I use a guitar wah actaully. I say they soudn cool if you set em up right.

Usually Bass wahs only shape the low and mid frequencys, leaving the high frequencys soemthign to be desired.

But guitar wahs shape the high end and the low end! Sadly though they cut out all the low Bass, so a guitar wah sounds really thin.....

However, if you use two amps, just get your guitar wah only going to your high amp and not your low amp! It sounds REALLY cool!
Use an Ibanez Weeping Demon...they can be set for bass/7 stringed guitars.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
the weeping demon sounds interesting also. will a guitar wah cut the bass as much if i turned the lows up? or maybe i could use it in sync with something i could boost the lows with.
the weeping demon IS designed for bass/7 stringed guitars and regular guitars...i believe it has a switch or something to select which range to focus on.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Behringer Hellbaby wah. Has adjustable frequency range so it works for bass or guitar. I use one at most of our shows.
Quote by X Alkaline 3
I dared a Jew to throw rocks at Hitler when he was a young boy..

Never knew he'd take it to heart like that.

iScrobbler

Psalms 62:8
Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.
Quote by HardR0cker153
the weeping demon sounds interesting also. will a guitar wah cut the bass as much if i turned the lows up? or maybe i could use it in sync with something i could boost the lows with.

Whell with one amp, no... But yes, if you use two amps, one for low and one for high, and you hook up the wah ONLY to your high amp it will sound really REALLY cool!
Bi-amping would be optimal, but FWIW I preferred my weeping demon on guitar mode.

But since I got my PWB... the Demon is for sale... hint hint.
haha
Quote by Fast_Bear
Whell with one amp, no... But yes, if you use two amps, one for low and one for high, and you hook up the wah ONLY to your high amp it will sound really REALLY cool!

Well, the Crybaby 105Q Bass Wah kinda has that setup built into the pedal. It sweeps the mids and highs, but leaves the bass clean.

Also, Cliff Burton used a guitar wah on bass, and, since he's one of those untouchable guys that my badmouthing would get me flamed, I'll stop there
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..