I got a schecter C-1 hellraiser around 3 weeks ago, When I was at guitar center I played several guitars and this one the I liked the best.. when i took it home and played it more I started to notice that when I go past the 15th fret this guitar is harder to play than my $200 Dlls Ibanez RG 120 , on some simple tapping like atryeyu's lip gloss and black the notes just dont ring out clear, when I play the same thing using my Ibanez it sounds perfect , that was just a fast example but just any notes that I play higher than 15th fret dont ring out too clearly and it doesnt seem like a setup problem I just wanted to know if any Hellraiser owners had a similar problem.

Could it be the X-jumbo frets? Maybe it is a setup problem? It just seems that I have to force myself to play on the higher frets and I didnt have that problem when playing other guitars, I'll try to see if I can fix the problem.. if not Im gonna return it and get another guitar, I still have some days to see If I can fix it or return it, I thought I was gonna get used to the finished neck but I still dont get used to it

Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance
just sounds to me like the pickups are not hot enough. Maybe you just need to use more distortion + sustain when you use that guitar. Ibanez guitars are made to do that kind of playing whereas Schecters are more versatile and better suited for everything. Try a decent pair of strings too (assuming you are using the stock strings now). I have a C1+ and I love it. Also, I think the action on a Hellraiser is higher than on an Ibanez. Is this what you're talking about or is it just the tone?

EDIT: Finished neck FTW
Quote by tunasband
Who's ug?
Last edited by GuitarFreak664 at Mar 21, 2007,
I have no idea what ur smoking, but I have never heard of a problem with a hellraiser.
My Gear:
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR
B-52 AT-100 Half stack
Boss GT-10
Breedlove AD25SR Plus
Yamaha EG112C
Boss Mt-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Wd-7 wah
Dunlop Gator Grip 2.0, 1.5, 1.14
Quote by GuitarFreak664
just sounds to me like the pickups are not hot enough. Maybe you just need to use more distortion + sustain when you use that guitar. Ibanez guitars are made to do that kind of playing whereas Schecters are more versatile and better suited for everything. Try a decent pair of strings too (assuming you are using the stock strings now). I have a C1+ and I love it. Also, I think the action on a Hellraiser is higher than on an Ibanez. Is this what you're talking about or is it just the tone?

EDIT: Finished neck FTW

Hotter pickups....? It has EMGs.... Neck finish has nothing to do with tapping. Stop pretending to know things.

Anyway, lower the action I guess. Maybe you can't tap well? I never had a problem tapping on mine. It has great action.
I'm puzzled as well. The Hellraisers I've played never gave me this kind of trouble.
yeah it has EMGs so I think those are hot already , what I said about the finished neck was just a comment Honestly I dont think its my playing I just used that tap part as an example, I dont think is my playing because I have no problem with other guitars, Well I think I just have to get used to this guitar or Ill take it to a guitar tech so he can see If its just me or if this guitar has something off I didnt think it needed a setup because dont schecters come with a good setup from factory?

It seems like no one has the same problem I have Its kinda hard to explain I just feel forced playing on the higher frets and notes just seem to die really fast, none of this happens when I play anything from frets 1 - 12 so i dont think its the pickups or amp or anything, this is weird
Check the frets.

or rather, the neck bow, it might not have been set up correctly.
Hmm...check the action too while you are at it.
Thanks for the replies, now I'm starting to think it might actually be a set up problem.. Ill check it when I get home.

Arent schecters supposed to have a signature from the person that did the set up at their Burbank CA facility? mines had this in the card"Set up by: 7 " it had a 7 where the signature was supposed to be
sorta off-topic, but when you bought your Hellraiser did you buy it at full price or what discounts did you get with it?
Jackson DK2M

Mesa Single Rectifier Half Stack

Boss GT-8

Line 6 Uber Metal

Dunlop 535Q Crybaby

Peavey Rage 158
Quote by Kontry
Thanks for the replies, now I'm starting to think it might actually be a set up problem.. Ill check it when I get home.

Arent schecters supposed to have a signature from the person that did the set up at their Burbank CA facility? mines had this in the card"Set up by: 7 " it had a 7 where the signature was supposed to be

Mine has an 8.. But atleast you know someone was there to sign it.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Guys, it's been 4 months since he made this thread. I'm sure if there was a problem he would have gotten it fixed by now.