So i have a Fender Champion 30 solid state amp that i never use and my friend and i need something to amplify a microphone...would this work alright? What are you really supposed to use to amplify mics like say at a band practice or something...sorry i'm kind of noobish with mics and such
Ask me no questions, i will tell you no lies...
Well it will work for practice, but it definitely won't sound ideal.

Im not exactly sure why, but I think it has something to do with the speakers... Kind of like how a guitar doesn't sound as good going straight into a PA.

I have heard that if you need to use an instrument amp for a microphone a bass amp is actually the lesser of the two evils.
Hmmm...maybe i'll invest in a cheapish bass amp later but i guess the guitar amp should be ok for now...i have noticed that when i plug a mic into the guitar amp it loses a lot of volume
Ask me no questions, i will tell you no lies...
Quote by Mr. Anderson
Hmmm...maybe i'll invest in a cheapish bass amp later but i guess the guitar amp should be ok for now...i have noticed that when i plug a mic into the guitar amp it loses a lot of volume

No, don't buy a bass amp specifically for a mike.

A PA is what you want.
I did a quick search and I came up with this:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Phonic-Powerpod-620SEM710-PA-System?sku=636502
for around $300.

Im sure if you searched around, or bought one used, you could get it even cheaper.

A PA is MADE for a microphone. Plus, you can plug in multiple inputs.