Hey,

I went to Guitar Center last night, and was very close to buying a Fender Hot Rod Deville. But a few hours ago, I went into a pawn shop and checked out a Marshall TSL100 half stack. Its 900 clams(US dollars). What do you guys think? Which would be more versatitile? Is the Marshall worth the extra 200 bucks? I need something I can play anything from Hank Williams, to Muddy Waters, to Bob Marley, to Bob Dylan, to John McGlaughlin, to Black Sabbath, to The Doors, to Nirvana, to the Velvet Underground, to the Sex Pistols. So basically, I play punk, jazz, blues, metal, and experiment/avant garde music. What do you guys recommend? Thanks.
-Fender '52 Reissue Tele
-1964 Kimberly electric
-Jay Turser Jazzbox
-Takamine acoustic
-Dano Hodad
-SuperCrybaby
-Dano Coolcat Chorus
-Big Muff
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Quote by powerhalf
Please forgive what maybe a noob question, but: What is an "FU"?
Last edited by mastercad at Mar 21, 2007,
A TSL100 halfstack for for for for 900 bucks? OMG, the head is like 1400 bucks at Guitarcenter. Not including cab!

GET IT!
hmm. thats a hard one. the hot rod is better for blues but the marshall would be better for nirvana and stuff like that. i would go with the marshall and i think it would be worth the extra 200 if it is in very good condition.
US prices. Sorry.
-Fender '52 Reissue Tele
-1964 Kimberly electric
-Jay Turser Jazzbox
-Takamine acoustic
-Dano Hodad
-SuperCrybaby
-Dano Coolcat Chorus
-Big Muff
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Quote by powerhalf
Please forgive what maybe a noob question, but: What is an "FU"?
Sounds fishy, its very cheap.

Try it out before buying and ask the dude if theres anything wrong with the thing, if everything seems to be ok just buy it before someone else sees it, if you don't like it sell it for a higher price and then you get HRD plus a pedal or two.
DUDE test the marhsall, if it works GET IT. you can make a profit reselling it even if you dont like it.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
DUDE test the marhsall, if it works GET IT. you can make a profit reselling it even if you dont like it.

+1
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
The cleans on the TSL actually aren't that bad, much cleaner than my 800 so yeah you'd probably get away with the TSL for your blues stuff easy and it goes anywhere up to numetal too. Just a warning though, the TSL doesn't like cheap pups. They get muddy at the best of times and undefined pups + gain on the TSL sounds pretty bad.