Hello everyone,

This is my first attempt at recording a full song. Unfortunatly my BOSS BR does not have a click track so I know it's a little off on timing. I would appreciate any constructive critisism.

Thanks,
Marc

HTTP://www.purevolume.com/marcrobertwork
"If my baby don't love me no more,
well I'm sure her sister will." -Jimi "Red House"

Gear
1983 Strat '57 Reissue
1964 Gibson ES-330
Dr Z Maz 38
Fender Pro-Junior

myspace.com/marcrobertwork
Its pretty good, the vocals are great but the guitar is a bit robotic though.
I love this job more than I love taffy ... and I'm a man who enjoys his taffy
Thanks, I appreciate the input.

Gear
1983 Strat '57 Reissue
1964 Gibson ES-330
Dr Z Maz 38
Fender Pro-Junior

Yeah, what Mayor West (great name by the way lol) was pretty much true. It was a great attempt. You sounded good, vocally and playing the guitar. My only advice to you would be when you playing the constant rythym, try throwing some bends in there. You kept repeating the same thing over and over, throw in a few bends to change it up. What I mean by that is on the single notes, just before the chords, bend the string a little bit. That is something that SRV did very well. He bent the strings in spots you didn't expect him to, and that made it sound like he was putting a lot of feeling into it, which he was, truthfully.

Other than that, good cover. Your vocals are pretty good. Keep up the good work. Oh yeah... and SRV freaking ROCKS!
Thanks,

I will work on playing a little less monotonous with the rythem. I'm going to also try to record my amp instead of through the modeling in my BR because I don't think it sounds as good as my amp. Thanks for the posts guys.

Marc

Gear
1983 Strat '57 Reissue
1964 Gibson ES-330
Dr Z Maz 38
Fender Pro-Junior