i was recording tonight this wicked awesome song...and after about 2 or 3 hours i go back and listen...and there's TONS of white noise...it's mainly on the bass track, which will take just a few minutes to re-record, but the guitar tracks have some too, which could take hours to get the tremolo picking correct

how do you get rid of white noise while recording it? i've made sure on my interface the orange light doesn't turn on but on my program, cubase, on the input level, it goes up into the yellow section a little, should i be keeping it in the green? if i do that i get a slightly less gainy tone but if i have to do that to get rid of white noise, so be it

i'd show you guys the recording, but i forget that one site that hosts music....can someone tell me please?

thanks!!
Quote by Inahrima

Kirk: you know what would be hardcore?
James: what?
Kirk: metallica nail polish!
James:

Quote by grimreaper65

'Scuse me, i'm going to go listen to some black metal bands sing about black people. Then some grindcore about coffee.
soundclick (imo)........and what infterface is it?
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

tascam us-122l
Quote by Inahrima

James:

Quote by grimreaper65

'Scuse me, i'm going to go listen to some black metal bands sing about black people. Then some grindcore about coffee.
when i record on my laptop, if i have the battery charger plugged in it makes white noise on certain tracks, on a normal computer u just got to make sure electric lines arent crossing haver cables running with each otherwise it causes white noise and such, im pretty sure thats why, another reason could be bad cables wires etc. so check ya cables!
okay...i'll do that...last night i was using a monster, a monster that was about 3 inches long [between pedals], some thicker offbrand cable, my head, speaker cable, my one xlr cable [for mic]

so i'll switch out that one offbrand cable to another monster and see how that sounds...i think my levels might be SLIGHTLY too loud...i'll put that recording up tonight on a soundclick i'll make now for you guys to hear
Quote by Inahrima

James:

Quote by grimreaper65

okay...i re-recorded the song...bear in mind, the recording is nowhere near done, not edited, no drums yet, levels not edited, the rest of the song isn't even written

also, there's a pause for a bar in the middle, i'm gonna add a drum fill there when my drum machine comes on monday XD

enjoy!

working title: project 2

please don't steal it!
Quote by Inahrima

James:

Quote by grimreaper65

Last edited by wylde_guy at Mar 22, 2007,
TURN THE GAIN WAY DOWN!!!! Oh, sorry that was in all caps, but ACK, turn it down. All I hear are BEES! Heck, I can hardly tell what is white noise, and what is amp beehive noise. If you turn it down it might be easier to diagnose your problem.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

hmmm :/

i've got stacked guitars through a bad amp...if i turned it down any more it'd be almost no distortion at all...i wish i had a better amp...but it's all i have to work with atm
Quote by Inahrima

James:

Quote by grimreaper65

if anyone wants to hear how this is coming along, go here
Quote by Inahrima

James:

Quote by grimreaper65

Last edited by wylde_guy at Mar 27, 2007,