Hey all,
I bought a 12-string. I got home. I recorded a few takes of a random System-esque song, and improved a solo. Not technically great, but nice feel. Lemme know what you think. Keep in mind the profile was made on the spot and is rather intended to be cheese.

http://www.purevolume.com/redvalkyretheorem
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
its good, it has a lot of potential
some of the timing is off, but everything should get straightened up with a bass and drums

thanks for the crit
I liked the atmosphere you created with the layering of the parts, it has a "fleeting" feel to it, its full of emotion.

I would agree with chrisatgrace with some of the timing, you may be going for a loose feel though, so fair play.

A short piece, but very effective. good job.

I left you a quick comment on my thread as well.
Yeah I love the atmosphere too - really liked the tune, sweet job.

However, there are a couple of tuning issues that need attention...and I would love to hear yur guitar recorded with a mic! (correct me if I am wrong but this sounds DI'ed)

Good job man
Top 5:
1) Only The Cool Climb - Tj1
2) My Favorite Dress - ~King_Of_Foolz~
3) She Once Was My Playmate - Tj1
4) Lovers Lullaby - KOF
5) Cold Dark Room - Ditda
Thanks fellas. For your info, this is through direct input, which actually sounds very good for direct input I think. As far as the timing and tuning issues, I'm quite aware I recorded this the night I bought my guitar, so I just did a reallly quick tune (12-strings are annoying for that ) and I recorded most of the layers in one take, so the timing isn't great. I just wanted to see what the recording quality would be like, and just happened to really like the output. I'm definitely going to expand on this track, and post a more full version later. Good hear you guys are feeling what I felt from the track too. Thanks all.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

The idea would be good if it wasnt chop suey by system of a down.
You pretty much stole their song man.
Not seeing that which is hard a nice idea but your guitar was out of tune, nice playing and idea though.

If you dont believe me listen to Chop Suey - System of a down.

Please crit The Double Man in my sig, or the video if you want.
Quote by Evil_Magician
The idea would be good if it wasnt chop suey by system of a down.
You pretty much stole their song man.
Not seeing that which is hard a nice idea but your guitar was out of tune, nice playing and idea though.

If you dont believe me listen to Chop Suey - System of a down.

Please crit The Double Man in my sig, or the video if you want.
Ahahah. "Toxic" Impeachment? Toxic is from the name of the album "Toxicity" from which the song is off of. Impeachment means... though I used it loosely, can mean to misuse something. If you read the little bio on the site, you'll see I was aware it was a system song and wrote around it. It's more or less a very personalized cover. Sorry for the lack of clarity.

I'll crit yours a little later... I'm at work
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

Cool. I liked this! I also realyl like the song.. and that probably adds to it but i think its really cool the way you branched off into something even softer than the begginning riff instead of how it goes really heavy in the actual song. Good stuff, this definately has potential if you can clean up the timings a bit.

Crit mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=8673310#post8673310
Agile AL-3100 Tribal Blue special edition
2003 Seagull 20th anni. Spruce
SX Jazz bass
Ovation Celebrity 12 string
Valencia Classical
Roland Cube 30
Behringer Ultracoustic 120watt
No worries I was kind of mystic on it anyways..
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

Its a pretty good effort man, the guitar sounds good though the lead is slightly out of time in certain parts.. it's already been said about the chop suey thing but i'd like to hear summit of your own instead of a reworking of someone elses work. Its good though, i do like how you went the other way after the build up, it works quite well.

cheers
Jamie
Thanks man. I'll definitely be posting some of my own efforts soon enough.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

very nice man. that twelve string is so...........haunting i guess is the best word. sounds like it could make a killer intro to a heavy album....perfect antecedent to booming guitars and drums. unlike others, i didn't really see any problems with the timing. good job.
Yeah, the 12-string can have a huuuge effect.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

I don't like System, they just, get to me

But i really liked this, it's something i would happily listen to on repeat

sounded really good, well done
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
sounds great, as said before it has a sweet mysterious feel to it. i can't think of anything negative because i felt like it was neat overall. its very dramatic, which is awesome. and i love the pause at about 36 seconds. great job, and thanks for the crit.