I found this guitar on sale at Guitar Center for $200 bucks. I tried to try it out but it was out of tune for the most part and it was hard trying to tune it by ear in the store due to the noise. When I plugged it into the amp it sounded very nice. I play a lot of blues, jazz, classic rock, and punk. This guitar is on sale for the rest of the month and from what I've read from the reviews it's a very reliable guitar, however I've read a fair amount of negative reviews saying "you get what you pay for". This leads me to be a little weary of buying this guitar. Is it a safe bet or should I save up some more money and get something that costs a little more?
dude if u want a jazz guitar for cheap, i suggest an artcore over an epiphone. Although the Dot is actually only semi-hollow, the artcores have better tone for the money. If u want a good jazz guitar, then save up. Good ones are never cheap and gah i want a friggin L5
My Gear:

82 Gibson Explorer
Ibanez '03 JEM7VWH

Greg Byers '01 Classical (Euro Spruce bent top)
Darren Hippner 8 String Classical (Engelmann Spruce)
Alhambra 4P
Taylor 614ce
Framus Texan se. # 5/196

Diezel Herbert 2007
Mesa Recto 2x12
you should probably either try it out some more, save up more for a better guitar, or pull the dick out of your mouth you ****ing **** faced fag.
Overall, the sound is good. But, the electrics and the build of the guitar is poor. Not saying you shouldn't buy it, at $200 dollars it is an excellent buy, just saying, over a while, the electronics may become annoying. Epihphone studios are usually good for just straight clean and blues playing but anything more could use a pedal. So, on that end, you are covered. Overall, for $200 bucks, it is an excellent buy. I would by it if I had the money, even though I am into metal, I need a guitar that can do cleans very well.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
Thank you for your input, I think I will go buy it because of the deal and I know a bit about electronics so it'll give me something to tinker with.
Quote by csills
you should probably either try it out some more, save up more for a better guitar, or pull the dick out of your mouth you ****ing **** faced fag.

Dude, there's something seriously wrong with your head.

To the threadstarter, The Epi Dot doesn't seem a bad guitar to me, although I've only played them in guitar shops. For $200 Canadian I'd snap that up. That'd be cheaper than a squire affinty wouldn't it?
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
Quote by Cosimo_Zaretti
Dude, there's something seriously wrong with your head.

ahhh, thanks. god bless you
Quote by csills

*reported*

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by hendriko
*reported*

Banned.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
xifr - 1
csills - 0

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Yeah, for sure! You cant judge sombody on their questions! Even if they are about the MG Marshall series.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
i've owned one for almost two years. i've gone back and forth on it for a while, but honestly, it's served me well. the tone is pretty damn good (although my ac30 probably has a lot to do with that). it stays in tune pretty well, although i've found the third string can be iffy at times. getting a set with a wound third helps this a bit.

for $200, i say go for it.