I just wanted a few opinions before we actually did this:

Two months ago, we got another guitarist (#11 {I was #7})-not many good guitarists in Charleston, but he is one of them. For one of our shows, he had to learn 6 songs in a month; I helped him learn the songs (I'm the lead guitarist) and we went over them as a band. But, despite all of the time he had, he still didn't really have the songs learned. No big deal, the show still went well. We have four all new songs, and he doesn't want to learn them simply because he didn't help write them. He was pissed when my bass player and I wrote a song, only because we didn't ask him for help. He's hippo critical in everything he does (i.e., the simplest reason-we can't play when he tunes, but he won't stop playing when we try). He wants to rearrange all of our old songs so he can solo, which I can understand, but my drummer and bass player aren't cool with that, so he's very aggressive towards us. He's also very closed minded about music, simply because of his religion (I'm fine with religious beliefs, but he has never listened to bands like Lamb of God, Slayer, and Diecide, which are a few of our biggest influences). When he tries to help write songs, he goes off and tries to jam the whole time. Honestly, we all want him out, but he does have some good attributes. He is an amazing rhythm player and the riffs he comes up with are insane. He tries so hard to impress us with ideas. He has a different riffing style than me and the contrast is perfect. Everything he comes up with is catchy. The way he plays, he's helping to add a very melodic and well layered style to our music.

Like I said, we all want him out, but unfortunately, we will have to look for another guitarist. I just wanted to get some peoples opinions about the situation-so, do you think we should hold on to him or not.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Quote by frenchyfungus
Hmmm, all these people going on about fingering chords....makes me want to meet her.

I think you should get the band together and discuss things with him. Asking us for our opinion doesn't matter if you don't have your bands opinion. Talk to the guy, ask him to chill or he's out.
Quote by darkstar2466
Ollieyoufool seems like a self-made man.

Quote by MightyAl
If you punched through plasterboard, I'm pretty sure you can fill it.
If you punched through bricks, why are you scared of your dad?
Quote by Ollieyoufool
I think you should get the band together and discuss things with him. Asking us for our opinion doesn't matter if you don't have your bands opinion. Talk to the guy, ask him to chill or he's out.

+1
Quote by Ollieyoufool

i was gunna say the same thing. My band had the same problem with one of our members. If he doesnt chill out with everything then let him know again and if it comes up again then drop him... which is what my band is doing

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
I'd say something like,

"If only your character was as good as your playing. Then, maybe we'd want you to be a part of our band."
wow, thats really touchy, but you really need to be straight up and simple, but id wait until you found another guitarist first....because a noob to the band trying to re-arrange your shit that YOU GUYS wrote that stuff and he's refusing to do it because he's being a child
cuz he had no part in it is bullshit and you dont need that to succeed

i could make a huge explanation about what you could do, but you need to find someone who is willing to take the spot if it becomes vacant, then tell him to get his shit together and stop being such a douche and just cooperate...and i think thats pretty ****in cool that your bassist writes shit too, cuz ours just takes part that our other guitarist writes for him
Quote by stellar_legs
What's with the numbers? You guys a Slipknot cover band or some retarded shit?

Dude, if you'd read, you would have noticed there are only two guitarists in the band at any given time. That is just all of the people who have been kicked out for various reasons. We are actually a combination of thrash, death, black, sludge, and speed metal.

...But thanks everyone for the advice, I greatly appreciate it.
Quote by frenchyfungus
Hmmm, all these people going on about fingering chords....makes me want to meet her.

keep him around..take his riffs 'n songs...get rid of him...
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Quote by stellar_legs
What's with the numbers? You guys a Slipknot cover band or some retarded shit?

He's hippo critical
lool
Quote by Pharoah
Can God create a hot dog so hot even he couldn't eat it?

Lyke omg D@ @p0OcpLpSYe.
I cant blame him for not liking Deicide but LOG and slayer.... Well if he continues to be an ass kick him out.