i cant decide between the rg1570 or s470dxqm. can you guys tell me the pros and cons of each guitar such as neck, body, bridge, quality etc.? which one would you rather choose. i plan to swap the pickups of these guitars any maybe put dimarzio evolutions. would the evolutions give me sounds such as opeth, children of bodom, gary moore, steve vai, joe satriani, and some less heavy christian bands? oh and does the rg1570 bridge have those fine tuner things that let you go to drop d?
Evos aren't that versatile....go for a pair of Breeds if you want them to do as much as possible, maybe with a Norton in the bridge. Evos are flat out shredder pickups, if that's not your style then they aren't right for you. And you can't drop to d on ANY floyd type bridge without sending everything out of tune...that's not what the fine tuners are for. Fine tuners allow you to make tuning adjustments when the nut is locked (rendering the headstock tuners redundant).

The ZR trem on the S can be dropped to D if you set the zero point system correctly.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
yeah dude if you do plan on going to drop d a spare backup guitar is really a good option. also both are quite good models so really have a shot with both models and see which one you like more though the main difference i really see is the body wood and the bridge. otherwise they are pretty similar
Quote by Diamond Dave
IMO it would only come down to 22 frets vs 24 really

a 24 fret S guitar would be supreme

that would be teh bomb. id buy it.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Quote by Diamond Dave
a 24 fret S guitar would be supreme

no doubt, I've had my eye out for one for a while. The Ibanez guys here told me it doesn't exist except in a Mick T sig that was never released.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
ive never played an rg...i like the 470s though...you can get the humbucker sound, or the strat sound because of the single coil
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
The RG doesn't really have any cons, aside from the glitteresque finish. Some people take issue with the S series body being too thin, or if you're me, with the ZR screw-in arm.

The neck thickness on both the RG and S is similar, but Prestige Wizard on the RG has a more friendly profile if a thin neck is what you're going for. Wizard II has a more traditional profile, but it's still a very thin neck. The RG neck is laminated, so technically it's more resistant to warping and those types of calamities.

Bridges are stable on both, but the ZR on S-series has a number of additional benefits to it - this thread has a bunch of comments and explanations, plus the linky in my sig.

You can get the strat sound on both of them, as both are HSH.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by steven seagull
And you can't drop to d on ANY floyd type bridge without sending everything out of tune...that's not what the fine tuners are for.

EVH d-tuna says Hi. Ok, you can only really use them on top mounted Floyd's, or if you've routed out the cavity a little further on floating Floyd's, but its still there. :P
Lyrics, just breaks between killer solos.
Which defeats the object of having a floyd really...besides, it won't fit on the Ibanez trem so it's moot.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^ x10

And you actually can switch to drop D on ZR with the fine tuner, as long as you tune to drop D, lock up, and then use the fine tuner to raise to E or go back. Dropping from E won't work so well.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by steven seagull
Which defeats the object of having a floyd really...besides, it won't fit on the Ibanez trem so it's moot.

Yes, but its still there and shows you can drop to D on a Floyd. Whether its the brightest idea to get one for an Ibanez or not isn't the point, as I covered the routing issue in my previous post.
If you want to be pedantic, then you can drop to D on a non-recessed Floyd Rose trem equipped with a D-tuna. Everyone knows of the gadget, but nobody uses it since it costs fifty bucks, doesn't fit anything, and is a pain in the bum to adapt to the majority of applications... When'd you see a non-recessed trem the last time?
I'll say it again, already covered that. The last time I saw a non-recessed trem was about ten minutes ago.
Early S Prestiges came with a d-tuna thingy on the low E fine tuner. Have fun trying to find one though.
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt
^ what it did was essentially equivalent to a fine tuner adjustment, only the detuner stuck out of the trem, was prone to being hit with the hand, and didn't really work so well.