This might have been covered in the settings thread, but I dont want to scroll through 100 pages of people asking for tones, but I would really like to know how to get a good Malmsteen tone. My amp is a modded Vox AD50VT, and it has several very convincing sound Marshall tones, a 70's madel, a DSL 100, and a TSL (both of these are the high gain channels) For distortion, all I have is a Ibanez tubescreamer. What are some suggestions?
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Yngwie Has a signature Overdrive pedal. Its on Musicians Friend. Probably only works well with tube amps though.

Your best bet is the yngwie pedal with a marshall tube amp. JCM 800 most likely.
o and some serious practice!
i can get a pretty good malmsteen sweep sound just by using the neck pick up on my strat copy... and thats just through an effects pedal and a fender amp..
Quote by Ubershall404
Yngwie Has a signature Overdrive pedal. Its on Musicians Friend. Probably only works well with tube amps though.

Your best bet is the yngwie pedal with a marshall tube amp. JCM 800 most likely.
o and some serious practice!

if you're talking about the yjm308, its not an yngwie in a box..
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Well, I said that i wanted way to get a tone similar to his, not that I wanted to go out and buy a crapload of stuff. Do you think a tubescreamer would be able to get a similar tone on the JCM 800/DSL 100 (they are the same amp) channel on my amp? I have good reverb so I'm good there.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
if you're talking about the yjm308, its not an yngwie in a box..

you'd need a MUCH bigger box for starters...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
He uses a pre-master volume Marshall cranked to hell and his signature DOD preamp pedal. At least thats what he's used every time Ive seen him live
if you can play like him does tone really matter? He play so fast, can you even hear TONE? lol
+1

My friend had never heard any Malmsteen, and I played the CD Concerto Suite for electric guitar, and he said that he thought the tone was one the best he'd ever heard, and I must say that I agree. I've actually been looking at the dod YJM for a while, but I can't find it in the store, and I don't want to buy it and be able to get the same tone out of my TS9. I'm really having a hard time nailing that tone, so EQ tips as well as personal onpions on the DOD YJM are welcome as well.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by SG Man Forever
Do you think a tubescreamer would be able to get a similar tone on the JCM 800/DSL 100 (they are the same amp) channel on my amp?

it would get you a step closer, but theres a difference between adding a tubescreamers overdrive to an amp models overdrive, and using a tubescreamer to overdrive a tube amp.
my amp might as well be a tube amp, it's a hybrid, and a damn good one too. What I'm still wondering is whether my TS-9 could pass for a DOD YJM, or even if the DOD will get me any closer to his tone. Unfourtunately, I will really need a strat, and that isn't happening untill this summer.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!