So this is a 50 Watt tube (switchable to 25) head for $500. Now i know that most people who play the VJ fall in love w/ it so i was wondering if this was as good. I play a lot of RHCP type cleans, blues, jazz, classic rock, and some alternative. Anyone think this is good or would i be better off spending an extra $50 and getting like a B-52 StT-60A or even spend an extra $200 and get the AT-100?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by thomasgrant
I am curious to know more about this head as well.

Doesnt seem like anyone on here has it. I looked around for reviews and didnt see any although i j/ did a quick search. Ill probably go a little more in depth when i actually have the cash.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
The So Cal will give you a much more vintage tone than the B52, which is quite modern sounding. That seems like something youd probably go for more. Gain wise, as far as I could tell when I was using it, it can get a little above classic rock. Youll want an OD or boost if youre planning on going over that.
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet