not really
i have a cube 60, and i barely ever take it up to 12 o'clock
its really too loud for practicing, and not loud enough forany decent gigs. Get the 30 IMO
Gear:
Ibanez Destroyer
Roland Cube 60
Boss TU-80
Ovation acoustic
Original Crybaby

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried" Josh Homme

My Profile

^^Check out my profile for some improv solos^^
do you think youll ever use the cube for gigging or practicing with a drummer? if so get the 60.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
They sound exactly the same at low volumes...and both aint got the guts to play shows...IMO its pointless to get the 60 in this situation...

And how is the Cube60 too loud for practicing again? Theyre both exactly the same at low volumes...
they are boh top quality amps, but i would reccomend the 30, because you will never take the 60 up to max, and if you get the cube 30-X you get a powersqueezer for sensitive pracitcing at home, however i don't know for Australia but the 60 can be plently loud enough fro small gigs on the UK
Quote by yawn
Wikipedia articles are my inspiration.

www.myspace.com/symmetry4321

Custom Strat
Roland Cube 30 (soon upgrading to Peavy Valveking 112)
Danelectro FAB Metal
Marshall VT-1

RIP Chris Benoit
Quote by kurdtkobaign
They sound exactly the same at low volumes...and both aint got the guts to play shows...IMO its pointless to get the 60 in this situation...

And how is the Cube60 too loud for practicing again? Theyre both exactly the same at low volumes...

i just meant that its complete overkill for practicing
Gear:
Ibanez Destroyer
Roland Cube 60
Boss TU-80
Ovation acoustic
Original Crybaby

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried" Josh Homme

My Profile

^^Check out my profile for some improv solos^^
one of mates got the sixty and he had it up full volume and he stuffed his lol this is probably a one of thing but any way hes too stupid to get it fixed so he keeps playin it even though the sound is hollow and weak lol
"... I don't want you to play me a riff that's going to impress Joe Satriani; give me a riff that makes a kid want to go out and buy a guitar and learn to play ..." - Ozzy Osbourne

MY BANDS MY SPACE
http://www.myspace.com/bloodoverexodus
Will you play at gigs or jam with other people?
if not, then the 30 is enough. The 60 is pretty damn loud, and not really that suitable for home practice.
It sure packs quite some volume for a cube.
By 'in the future', how long are you implying? 3 years? 3months?

Because i'd get a cube 30 now, since if you practice 'much' at home with a cube 60, your family will start complaining, and maybe your neighbours.
Your ears too, might start ringing.
I think it's worth it man, its great for practice jam outs... and it would be fine for playing clubs or having it miced up with a PA system being that its a 12" speaker good cab ect... It's a good investment. The speaker and cab make a HUGE difference in tone... you'll like the bigger fuller sound of a 12" then a 10" I can promise that!!
Basically, the 60 takes allows you to turn it up "louder" before the tone turns to mush. So unless you are going to be playing quite loud you will not need the extra wattage. Also, you can always mic a 30 watt, so it might be cheaper just to get a 30, if you don't need the extra wattage for un-mic'ed situations.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

i think il go for 60 cause my friend is going to drum, and we will practice togheter.
i would say 60- its louder, but that doesnt mean you have to put up the volume any louder- also, you will have more volume until it starts to clip- think of it as in both a lamborghini and a volvo can do 70 mph- but the lambo can do it better.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia