hello, i found a good deal on a carvin V3 amp, has anyone trie done? im looking for high gain, with versatility... i play metalcore, some death, some thrash and also blues and clean shit. hows this amp sound for me?
its probably for mid-range metal and shred. will probably do with a help of a pedal or two, but ithink u should look into something else.
i have one. it has enough gain dont worry about that, and it can do metal. and its very versatile. i dont know if you will really use it but it also has an awesome clean channel. it might not sound exactly like your usualy metal amp (ex:5150) but it can handle the job. also , i like it because i have a "metal" tone, but it gives me a tone that i usually dont hear.
Gear: Ibanez RG350ex , Schecter Gryphon , Paul Reed Smith Santana SE , Fender Standard Splatter Strat , Peavy Raptor ,Carvin v3 , Peavey cab . BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay , flanger ,super overdrive , turbo distortion ,and DIME Crybaby From Hell.
they seem pretty versatile but ive never heard them having great lead tones. it does sound nice for metal rhythms tho. a negative I heard about them is that they are "fizzy." wiht the right tweaking you can get the fizziness to go away but it takes some effort. make sure you have a nice cab to go with it tho, matching carvin cabs are real nice for the price.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
yeah, mine was "fizzy" at first. but one day i sat down and played with the amp for a little while and i got it to go away. and while i personally love them, i have had a few friends say they dont like its leads much as well either. its all personal opinion, and i say the amp is great and is a huge deal for what it costs.
Gear: Ibanez RG350ex , Schecter Gryphon , Paul Reed Smith Santana SE , Fender Standard Splatter Strat , Peavy Raptor ,Carvin v3 , Peavey cab . BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay , flanger ,super overdrive , turbo distortion ,and DIME Crybaby From Hell.
^ it really is a lot of amp for the money
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce