which one will it be? This is going to the amp that you hold on to for the REST of your life. You play every kind of music that can be played with a guitar. So versatility is important because right now you are 24 years old. You might be change your mind when you're 34 then again at 46 then again when you're 78.

Limits:
-Budget: less than $1000

-Type: Tube ONLY

-Music style: EVERY

-Watts: <50
you cant have that much versatility. tueb and only 1,000 dollars. the JSX combo is what i'd get though.
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
Fender tuner-DIGITECH EX-7-BOSS SD1-Ibanez CF7-Tech 21 TM 60
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
Grr, it's probably between a Ac-30 212x or a Rocker 30.
I'd probably settle for the vox though because I prefer the cleans.
But then again the Rockers OD = instant orgasm.
Blergh, somone needs to just merge those two amps together.
probably a rocker 30 combo, but tbh you can't get that much versitility with less than $1000 and less than 50 watts giving those 2 is like saying choose an versatile amp but it can't be the most versatile amp you want. its too constraining
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

Fender Deluxe Reverb: it can't do anything heavier than classic rock, but that doesn't matter.
i saw a fender bassman half stack on craigslist for $900 yesterday. id probably go with that then get a pedal for any kind of overdrive/distortion i wanted.

otherwise, id probably go with a peavey classic 50. good cleans, nice medium gain, and i like the tone.

really, you arent going to get incredible versatility out of an amp for under a grand. you can get some nice stuff, but nothing that will give you every possible genre.
Traynor YCV80 410
That amp could do everything I ever wanted. I plan to buy another if any of my bands take off.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
Quote by jof1029

really, you arent going to get incredible versatility out of an amp for under a grand. you can get some nice stuff, but nothing that will give you every possible genre.

I don't think those amps even exist, at least not that do all genres good.
Quote by mr_hankey
Fender Deluxe Reverb: it can't do anything heavier than classic rock, but that doesn't matter.

+1.

But you could get some sort of ENGL, they're versitile.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
i dont think i could find an amp that would do everything i currently want on that budget. esp at <50 watts. why does everyone here get a boner over low wattage amps?
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Mar 22, 2007,
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
i dont think i could find an amp that would do everything i currently want on that budget. esp at <50 watts. why does everyone here get a boner over low wattage amps?

Because you can get decent overdrive out of them without getting yourself (and your neighbours) hearing damage.

By the way, low wattage fits his criteria of 'less than 50 watts', so why the complaining?
Last edited by mr_hankey at Mar 22, 2007,
it was his criteria, i have an amp that i like, but its 120 watts (and yes its all tube) and i dont have a problem getting OD out of it without hearing damage.

Last.fm
^Getting power amp OD?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Getting power amp OD?

yeah, but i dont use a lot of of power amp OD, my sound is about 75% pre amp distortion and 25% power amp distortion, which for high gain sounds IMO sounds better.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
yeah, but i dont use a lot of of power amp OD, my sound is about 75% pre amp distortion and 25% power amp distortion, which for high gain sounds IMO sounds better.

How high do you turn up the master volume?
Quote by mr_hankey
How high do you turn up the master volume?

usually 4-6, my amp starts getting big power tube saturation at about 8 (gotta love those KT88s)

Last.fm
It sounds pretty strange to me that you can turn up a 120-watt amp to 6 without blowing yourself up, especially since amps that powerful can pretty much handle any gig.
Quote by R_H_C_P
+1.

But you could get some sort of ENGL, they're versitile.

I'd have said that (blackmore/screamer/savage se/se) until he said his budget, and less than 50 watts...

EDIT:^ yeah, I use earplugs too, I crank mine to 10! But I have pretty cool neighbours. And I only crank it occasionally, and like in the middle of the afternoon.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'd go with a Fender deluxe reverb as well, but I'd be perfectly happy with my Peavey Classic 50 too.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
DSL401 cause its a great all rounder.

Luckily I have one already ahahaha.
damn mesa mark iv is over the 1k price limit. hmmm cant think of any other amp I'd want, maybe a fender tube amp but Idk how much the really good models are.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce