which one will it be? This is going to the amp that you hold on to for the REST of your life. Because you're buying this amp, you will NEVER buy another amp. You play every kind of music that can be played with a guitar. So versatility is important because right now you are 24 years old. You might be change your mind when you're 34 then again at 46 then again when you're 78.

Limits:
-Budget: less than $1000

-Type: Tube ONLY

-Music style: EVERY

-Watts: <50
Uh...

More money?

Hard to find something that will fit EVERYTHING with >1K budget

I've never really given it much though myself.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Pretty lame thread if you ask me.

*calls xifr*
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
I presume you mean canadian dollars?
You would'nt get that sort of amp with that money, period. At least triple your budget and you may get what your looking for.
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab
Pretty lame thread if you ask me.

I KNOW! Now, I'm getting really desperate for an amp and I don't want to spend more than a grand. So I thought what you people might think. But I don't think any one will admit something like that on here!!

I mean doesn't it seem crazy to spend that much money on a hobby? It does to me, but maybe i should wait until I graduate then I could save up some real money. Then get something really decent. U know?
Epiphone Valve Junior Head
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
Delete this thread. One is enough.

There's already another one of these threads?? DAMN! I'll check.....
Quote by AGL23
I KNOW! Now, I'm getting really desperate for an amp and I don't want to spend more than a grand. So I thought what you people might think. But I don't think any one will admit something like that on here!!

I mean doesn't it seem crazy to spend that much money on a hobby? It does to me, but maybe i should wait until I graduate then I could save up some real money. Then get something really decent. U know?

Oh, then why did you say it was going to be YOUR amp.

I thought it was some dream amp or something, sorry.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by AGL23
There's already another one of these threads?? DAMN! I'll check.....

lol, you double thread started
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
MesaBoogie has a 50w all tube amp that is absolutely flawless for right at a G.
I forget which model it is but I demo'd it six months ago....was like $900-$1200 range.

Can't go wrong with Mesa..killer build quality, can resell no prob if necessary and very versatile.
mesa amps are definately NOT versatile though

i honestly dont know
Gear:
Carvin Bolt-T -> Line 6 DL-4 -> Danelectro Fish and Chips -> Homemade Fuzz -> Epiphone Valve Junior Combo -> Amplitube and Guitar Rig.
^What are you talkinga bout.

Ever seen a Mesa Boogie Mark IV?

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Either a Mesa/Boogie Mark IV or a Peavey JSX. Most versatile amps i've used.
for 1k i mite as well got roll up a piece of cardboard and put next to my guitar and see if it works...
whao dude...
Epiphone 335 Dot
Fender FM65R
EHX Big Muff
Boss Digidelay
Boss OD

AND I DONT LIKE NIRVANA THAT MUCH ITS JUST A COOL ANIMATION!!!
Honestly, I would probably go with the Mk IV or JSX as stated above.

Perhaps some kind of ENGL, but you would probably need more $$$
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Quote by renegadeo6o6
for 1k i mite as well got roll up a piece of cardboard and put next to my guitar and see if it works...

yeah, but it would be quality cardboard

threadstarter, why didnt you just ask "Whats the best amp under $1000?" or something? the thread title got me thinking of Riveras and Traynors

edit: saying that, you could get a Rivera Clubster, but i dont know if that would do metal.
Last edited by blue_strat at Mar 22, 2007,
Well.... Under 1000? Not much. But if you're willing to spend, ENGL Screamer or Powerball or maybe the Hughes and Kettner Tri-Amp (because it's 3 amps into one package O_O)
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account
Twin Reverb
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
My amp fits the bill, and I got it for under $500. Can I bring all my pedals with me, too?
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
threadstarter, why didnt you just ask "Whats the best amp under $1000?" or something? the thread title got me thinking of Riveras and Traynors

Well...I specifically didn't want to do that! Because all of you people would start naming amps which will go into the thousands (nevermind the extras like pedals) and that is not what i'm concerned about at ALL! Just want the BEST amp under a $1000. And that's a tough one too right? I wish i had like 3 grand to spend on an amp...but...I don't know...so here we are!

My amp fits the bill, and I got it for under $500. Can I bring all my pedals with me, too?

Under $500? What amp do you have? And sure...the pedals as well I guess. But what amp do you have? I'm really curious now.
It's in my sig. It's a Fender Concert from the years that Paul Rivera was running the show over there. Very Fendery cleans, with very un-Fender ballsiness to the gain channel. Designed specifically to compete with Mesa/Boogie, and definitely the prototype for the company Paul went on to start. Closest thing on the market to it today is probably Fender's new Supersonic amp. But that one goes for $1200, and it ain't point-to-point hand-wired like mine is!

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
mesa mark IV would be my suggestion.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by slatsmania
It's in my sig. It's a Fender Concert from the years that Paul Rivera was running the show over there. Very Fendery cleans, with very un-Fender ballsiness to the gain channel. Designed specifically to compete with Mesa/Boogie, and definitely the prototype for the company Paul went on to start. Closest thing on the market to it today is probably Fender's new Supersonic amp. But that one goes for $1200, and it ain't point-to-point hand-wired like mine is!

U know....this reply that you posted...added NOTHING to this thread! I asked for an amp that would be good under a grand...you first tease me about something for $500.00...then we end up with a $1200 amp...which is differently hand-wired than yours!

I don't know if I should laugh or be mad! (No hard feelings......YET!)

lol oh good god!

I'm definitely going to check out the mesa boogie mark IVs and some more fender. I'm thinking at this rate, i should be able to get something good by the end of summer!

JESUS TAP DANCING CHRIST...AMPS ARE COMPLICATED!
how bout a damn good amp modeling processor

other wise the Crate Palomino series
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.
my boogie that i paid a whopping 350 dollars for.
gibson sg
ltd ex-250 w/ emg 81/85
danelectro piece of crap
boogie mark III simul head (purple stripe)
boogie DC-5 112 (FS)
all tube peavey bravo 112
Quote by AGL23
U know....this reply that you posted...added NOTHING to this thread! I asked for an amp that would be good under a grand...you first tease me about something for $500.00...then we end up with a $1200 amp...which is differently hand-wired than yours!

I don't know if I should laugh or be mad! (No hard feelings......YET!)

lol oh good god!

I'm definitely going to check out the mesa boogie mark IVs and some more fender. I'm thinking at this rate, i should be able to get something good by the end of summer!

JESUS TAP DANCING CHRIST...AMPS ARE COMPLICATED!

Who knew you were actually shopping? Your opening post sounds like some desert island fantasy, not a search for advice.

You want advice? Take that $1000 onto the used market and get the absolute most for your money. Rivera, Genz Benz, Mesa, Orange... might even come across a better deal than the one I got.

Good luck to you.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
marshall jcm combo or (if they make it...)a peavey triple x combo
EDIT:
**** that
A 5150 combo
I don't like as i lay dying
Last edited by aild2006 at Jun 24, 2007,
Quote by blue_strat
yeah, but it would be quality cardboard

edit: saying that, you could get a Rivera Clubster, but i dont know if that would do metal.

yeah i wonder if corrugated cardboard would make my gat sound tinny....or maybe different coloured card would give it different tones
whao dude...
Epiphone 335 Dot
Fender FM65R
EHX Big Muff
Boss Digidelay
Boss OD

AND I DONT LIKE NIRVANA THAT MUCH ITS JUST A COOL ANIMATION!!!
Quote by franc0ph0bic
mesa amps are definately NOT versatile though

i honestly dont know

Considering his amp is a spider 3 I really would not trust his judgement.

Go for a mesa if possible. They are very veristile and the retail is real high if you change your mind.
Quote by slatsmania
Who knew you were actually shopping? Your opening post sounds like some desert island fantasy, not a search for advice.

You want advice? Take that $1000 onto the used market and get the absolute most for your money. Rivera, Genz Benz, Mesa, Orange... might even come across a better deal than the one I got.

Good luck to you.

Yeah, Orange Rocker 30 is only $1,300 New, I'm sure you can find a used one for less than $1,000.
Quote by ovvyiljs
Yeah, Orange Rocker 30 is only $1,300 New, I'm sure you can find a used one for less than $1,000.

You stole what I was going to say! umm.....uhh....Advice Stealer!
I'm just kidding.
If you want to spend a bit less get an Orange Tiny Terror head and a Orange cab. It really is a tiny terror.

Good luck to you.

That's sounds like a good idea. Again, I was just joking about my remark....but I should REALLY try an Orange. I have to see what all the hype is about. Thanks dude!