Yea i did a search nothing came up helpful

I saw a boss ds2 for 50 aud about 35 American dollars
and im wondering how this does for metal i was gonna get a metal zone but this is so cheap so im jsut asking how this fairs compared to the others

ps(i got my flame shield on )
Last edited by phungar at Mar 22, 2007,
It's good, presumably you know about the 'twin turbo modes', you can generally get some decent warm or crunchy tones out of it. If I were you though I'd save up a bit more for something like, say, a metal muff. Or similar.
Ahh, i thought it would be good for metal too, turns out it just doesn't have it for metal, i'm saying the Digitech Metal Zone, but if you're looking for a chep pedal to get some great lead sounds and rhthm for more of a rock sound, you can't go wrong
DS-1 is NOT a metal pedal, way less gain than the metal zone and doesn't have the EQ range of the metal zone. it's just too light for metal
Yeah, the ds-1 and ds-2 have alot less gain than mt-2....but they dont sound like bees in a tin.

Save for a little more time and get a Metal Muff if you want a more higher gained metal sound.
Anyone try the 3 new boss pedals that came out? I think a dyna drive or something like that? And I know one was the ML-2