ok so ive got $800 atm saved, i have a mega gl 15watt/10 watt amp and a epiphone special 2, and i wanto upgrade, so i was thinking do i buy a guitar first? or the amp? because i wanto to get good equipemt. For the amp i was thinking maybe just a practice amp, like a roland cube - $300? and then save more for a guitar.

For the guitar i think maybe an ibanez or ltd/esp. i will spend about 800 - 1200 on a guitar when i get the money. i play heavey metal, rock, punk pretty much anyhting

what do you guys reckon?
Setup

Ibanez SZ320
Randall RD75
EHX METAL MUFF
Mesa boogie single recto series 2
Line 6 Toneport
Mesa boogie single recto series 1
Digitech GNX4
Amp first my dear boy. If you're looking at Cube's (good choice ) then look into the Cube 60, amazing amp for the price.
Celtic FootballClub1888
ibanez and esp deffinately good choices for that style of music. may also want to consider jackson?

I have a roland microcube, its great for taking round a mates house or pre-gig warm up or whatever, but i wouldn't use it as a main practice amp, doesn't have the tone control i want in an amp.

how good is your current amp? i mean, do you really need a new one right now?
Spend more on your amp than on your guitar, even though cubes are good for the money.
I would get about a 600 to 700 dollar amp e.g. Kustom DFX, Vox just not an MG or Frontman. Then save up a bit more and get like a shecter omen 6 or a cheaper Ibanez.
Always amp first. A quality amp will always sound passable regardless of the guitar, but a crappy amp will make even the nicest of guitars sound like bee-farts.
im not in a band ive been playing for liek 6 months, the amp i have is shithouse! like 4 knobs thats it.

I was just thinking of getting a good practice amp with effects so i can have some fun with it
Setup

Ibanez SZ320
Randall RD75
EHX METAL MUFF
Line 6 Toneport
Digitech GNX4
the amp makes me cry, i just need the guitar to be set up properly for now, i heard the epiphone special 2 is good for a beginner... but the amp is horrible, and i have parents that think all guitars and amps are the same *sighs*
Setup

Ibanez SZ320
Randall RD75
EHX METAL MUFF
Line 6 Toneport
Digitech GNX4
Quote by freedoms_stain
ibanez and esp deffinately good choices for that style of music. may also want to consider jackson?

I have a roland microcube, its great for taking round a mates house or pre-gig warm up or whatever, but i wouldn't use it as a main practice amp, doesn't have the tone control i want in an amp.

how good is your current amp? i mean, do you really need a new one right now?

What do you mean? Amps are about 70% of your tone, lol. Dude get an amp first...
Get an amp, no point getting a new guitar when it'll sound just as shitty.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by gface
like 4 knobs thats it.

I was just thinking of getting a good practice amp with effects so i can have some fun with it

more knobs does not make a better amp. remember that.

also, most amps with onboard effects have pretty mediocre ones.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by gface
what do you guys reckon?

i reckon i can't quit staring at your avitar
\m/(>_<\m/
ROCK ON!!

Fender Stratocaster Standard
Fender Twin Reverb II 105 Watts
Takamine EG-330 cutaway elec/acoustic
Ibanez Demon Wah Pedal
Various Effect Pedals
Cube's built in effects are pretty solid. The first two distortion settings sound pretty digital though.
dude. with 800$ i would buy a really nice big amp. save up my money adn then get the new guitar. the amp will make a difference in your playing...with more options..
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Save and get both?
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
^or that too.....
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
i reckon i can't quit staring at your avitar

This guy just said what everyone was thinking! that thing is hypnotic....can't play guitar with distractions like that...

good job!
Definitely go for an amp man. Its the best option
Amp/Effects:

Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Tc-Electronic G-system
Line6 DM4

Guitars:

EBMM JP6 BFR
EBMM JP7
Taylor 314ce
everybody here seems to think that you are a tone searcher who is recording or gigging constantly, as long as its just for practice go for the guitar if your amp at least produces audible noise.
"Marty Friedman > You" Club.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Buy the toilet Hendrix crapped in for the full "Jimi Hendrix Experience"

PM me if you think my drummer looks like angry kid

so far 61 people think he looks like angry kid
You have it all wrong, spend 300 on a nice ibanez, something that feels good, and save more for an amp. Something like a Vox AC-15 (or 30) or better
well this guy i was talkign to today siad ishould go second hand, im not sure though. Means i have to wait around. I tried the roland cube 20x and it was awesome, i like the effects its fun, i get to muck around and get away from just practicing things over and over.

I want something with good distortion, i have an epiphone special 2 wich is shit, but i just wanto get somehtign that is for practice, that is good sounding, reliable and pretty decent price. i only need like 15 watts... upto 30?... but yea i dont know. im trying to play reqiuem by trivium on my current setup and it sucks! cause the distortion sound crap and takes over the whole sound... gah!
Setup

Ibanez SZ320
Randall RD75
EHX METAL MUFF
Line 6 Toneport
Digitech GNX4
If it's just a practice amp just get a cube 15 or something.
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
I would also recomend the Vox Valvetronix AD15. Its a loud little thing and it has alot of effects and allows you to save them and such.
Quote by steven seagull
Get an amp, no point getting a new guitar when it'll sound just as shitty.

Sums it up.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.