how often do "normall"(ie people with out mentall conditions) think about suicide or even consider it?

.....just out of interest, BTW any one who calls me "emo" is very wrong and any one who knows me im far from it
Normal People?
They practically don't think about suiscide, because they have more important things on their heads, or they are to happy with their lifes to take them away.

People who think about suiscide are selfish, childish retards.
Or they have a serious problem and need help and support not twats like you having a go at them.

Ass hole.
Quote by El_Bozo
Normal People?
They practically don't think about suiscide, because they have more important things on their heads, or they are to happy with their lifes to take them away.

no. you're thinking about suicide, clearly, as you are writing about it. considering it or attempting it is completely different. and people who do aren't "selfish, childish retards", they're people with problems who need your help more than your scorn.

people who are, however, stereotypically what you might call "emo" and who simply like people to THINK they're suicidal have nothing but my disgust. they make people with real problems scared to get any help, because of people like YOU who ridicule them.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
its like when you loose to much money or property on monopoly and you wanna quit but in a real life scale
thing is, you can always get your life on track
so i'll say suicidal people can't see that option or don't believe in their selves
I dunno, but anyone who says emo's all cut them selves and wanna commit suicide are extremely wrong. Most of the "emo" people that commit suicide already had that problem in the first place. Then whoop, along comes emo, "HEY LOOK, I CAN COMMIT SUICIDE NOW 'COS ITS COOL, BYE!"

Yeah...
Quote by esther_mouse
they make people with real problems scared to get any help, because of people like YOU who ridicule them.

+1000000000000000000000000000

thank you.

im talknig about how often do people think, consider and even attempt it.
Yes but it's clear that you're asking this question out of ignorance. Generally, if you're considering suicide, you have a medical problem.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by Rankles
Yes but it's clear that you're asking this question out of ignorance. .

not quite sure what you mean by that, sorry i just wanted to know so that i can compare it with my own feelings beacuse i know that suicide is a bad thing and it affects alot of people negatively, we cant help our feelings and i am asking this question because i am curious.
Honestly and truthfully, it's not unnatural if someone ponders it. It's actually normal, imo, for the thought to cross someones mind at one point in time.

Anyhow, whenever life gets too hard, it's completely understandable if people begin to think of killing themselves. It's just the ones who can't suck it up and move on that actually go through with it. It's all a part of our human nature.
Quote by Kensai
I know a good joke:

Women's rights.
Quote by Chubbychunks
I know a good joke:

Kensai's life.
Quote by esther_mouse
no. you're thinking about suicide, clearly, as you are writing about it. considering it or attempting it is completely different. and people who do aren't "selfish, childish retards", they're people with problems who need your help more than your scorn.

people who are, however, stereotypically what you might call "emo" and who simply like people to THINK they're suicidal have nothing but my disgust. they make people with real problems scared to get any help, because of people like YOU who ridicule them.

stick it to the man... i agree...two of my cousins did it and they werent emo
I'm not exactly normal but I think about it maybe once a month....Thought about commiting it but then I saw I had no reason to and what reason I had deluded myself into seeing was selfish.....I do not look down on people who consider it though....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by LANKY LOVE
stick it to the man... i agree...two of my cousins did it and they werent emo

precisely. it's a stupid stereotype.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
<//////>~ dA
Quote by The_othersid3
Or they have a serious problem and need help and support not twats like you having a go at them.

Ass hole.

Well Sorreeee....

The only one who can help you is yourself. No damn psychiatrist, no friends, no pills, no book, nothing and nobody but yourself.

Probably you're thinking i'm a spoled brat that i have my own, different opinion in this matter... Well i'm not. I had my own problems, i have considered suiscide, but i have changed. I stopped giving a rats arse about everything. Now my leading rule is F.I.D.O - **** It Drive On.

If someone is to weak to overcome his problems... Well, Nothing will help'em, and probably you will find him sooner or later with slit throat. Belive me, being in pain isn't something mature or intelligent. It's mainly baised on slfishness. The person in depression subliminally wants to draw other peoples attention. Maybe to reach for help... Well it depends on subject.

You can pity them. They want it. But really, it's better to make them stronger, because saying "you poor thing" or "tomorrow will be better" won't change a thing!

I rest my case, and don't flame me for having a different, more harsh opinion.
El_Bozo, I'm not flaming but I do disagree....Many people keep depression secret so they don't draw attention...And I fail to see how pain isn't mature or intelligent....Or how pain is anything besides pain, I do agree with you about how they can only help themselves...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by El_Bozo
Well Sorreeee....

The only one who can help you is yourself. No damn psychiatrist, no friends, no pills, no book, nothing and nobody but yourself.

Probably you're thinking i'm a spoled brat that i have my own, different opinion in this matter... Well i'm not. I had my own problems, i have considered suiscide, but i have changed. I stopped giving a rats arse about everything. Now my leading rule is F.I.D.O - **** It Drive On.

If someone is to weak to overcome his problems... Well, Nothing will help'em, and probably you will find him sooner or later with slit throat. Belive me, being in pain isn't something mature or intelligent. It's mainly baised on slfishness. The person in depression subliminally wants to draw other peoples attention. Maybe to reach for help... Well it depends on subject.

You can pity them. They want it. But really, it's better to make them stronger, because saying "you poor thing" or "tomorrow will be better" won't change a thing!

I rest my case, and don't flame me for having a different, more harsh opinion.

i'm not gonna flame you for having a different opinion, but anyone who truly feels that down is more than likely suffering from clinical depression or whatever, caused by a lack of dopamine. it's also possible that something has happened to that person to cause mental problems which AREN'T something people can just "get over". mental conditions are serious, not just some stupid plea for attention.
<//////>~ dA
BladeSlinger: Right.. it was quite wrong expression... (about pain being mature or inteligent).
And depression... Well even when you keep it secret, people can see it - they see you sit alone during class, staying away from all daily meetings and such... Not to mention skipping school, work, meetings...

esther mouse: I partially agree. A maniacal and clinical depression is too deep to overcome, but a simple, "shallow" thing like loosing a girlfriend, or being laughed at in school (which is veeeery common) CAN be overcome. It's not easy i can tell you (bah, speaking seariously now, i have missed about 10 months of school because of my problems) but you can return to the right way.

The funniest thing is taht also tendency of a person to fall into depression is... bad diet!
Rather than having a "mental condition" they go into a depression, not as easily, but it's the same depression as if you did have a "metal condition". It might just be a little easier to get out of it.

EDIT: Although I've always been one of those people with a "metal condition".
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
Last edited by andrew12398 at Mar 22, 2007,
Oh, you're talking about just like mild depression...Yes, that isn't any reason to expect pity from anyone but I just get depressed for no reason for weeks at a time but since I always prefer to be alone it doesn't really show.....Most people who are familiar with it know how to conceal it...
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
Oh, you're talking about just like mild depression...Yes, that isn't any reason to expect pity from anyone but I just get depressed for no reason for weeks at a time but since I always prefer to be alone it doesn't really show.....Most people who are familiar with it know how to conceal it...

Same
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
Mild (as in still there but serious enough to be called clinical) depression is far more common than you may think

And while ultimately the psychological issues will be overcame yourself, an expert (psychiatrist etc) can really help.
Quote by El_Bozo
Normal People?

what a prick
Quote by El_Bozo
Normal People?

Didn't Cthulhu teach you anything?
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by El_Bozo
BladeSlinger: Right.. it was quite wrong expression... (about pain being mature or inteligent).
And depression... Well even when you keep it secret, people can see it - they see you sit alone during class, staying away from all daily meetings and such... Not to mention skipping school, work, meetings...

esther mouse: I partially agree. A maniacal and clinical depression is too deep to overcome, but a simple, "shallow" thing like loosing a girlfriend, or being laughed at in school (which is veeeery common) CAN be overcome. It's not easy i can tell you (bah, speaking seariously now, i have missed about 10 months of school because of my problems) but you can return to the right way.

The funniest thing is taht also tendency of a person to fall into depression is... bad diet!

i agree with what a lot of you say but depresion is serious, in some cases is pretty easy to get over, some people do do it for attention, i know some one who did it to get a girl to like him and she felt sorry for him and now there together but serious deprression is an issue that can be resolved but the person suffering from it needs to try to get over it is in your head so only you can come over it but support from friends family and a councilor is vital.

i agree about the diet thing 100 percent
I hate coming into threads like this, because there are always idiots who say stuff like "pff there selfish tits" or "what have they got to be depressed about". Showing that they no absolutely nothing about depression or anything that comes with it.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
some of the comments on this site about self harm, depression and sucidide are totaly innaportriate, i am all for freedom of speech but if people can get away with saying stuff like " your selfish" and " attention seeker" and " they deserve to die" and other negative comments made towards people who have a genuine problem then why cant we get away with saying things like " i hate nigg3rs"? because both are discrimination. does any one agree?#

and to any one who says "what has he got to be depressed about?" i say; depression is a chemical imbalance that creates an emotion, not some thing that has happened to some that has upset them, saying "im depressed because my GF left me" is NOT depression.
I've had friends with suicidal thoughts, and it's sad because I've been the only person they can come and talk to.

Everyone else is "oh, I have it worse" etc, which isn't going to help anyone. bastards.

It's also a good feeling to have people talk to you, because it makes you feel good that you can help them.

It's also reassuring to know that you aren't the only person who is miserable sometimes.
Wow... most of you don't have a ****ing clue. I have prepared for suicide 3 times... never went through with it but came very close. My depression has taken over me and driven me to do it out of the feeling of sure worthlessness. It is not for attention. I have it all but still got the urges... good job, awesome family, awesome fiancé, awesome friends... Mine is caused by a chemical imbalance... this was set off by a lot of tragic events such as loosing my father when I was 21 and he was only 59... but not just seeing him die but watching him suffer for 3 years with cancer... only to have hope give for a few weeks then have it ripped away dozens of times... It is real... thinking about suicide is a very common thing, if it is very regular or you are preparing or making plans you should seek help... I finally started seeing a doctor and taking an anti depressant and it let me have my life back... Some do it for attention but some have real problems.... HOW IS IT YOUR POSISTION TO MAKE THE DECISION AND JUDGE THEM??? So those who don't take the stuff seriously need to check out...
I've tried to commit suicide three times, but those DAMN orderlies always get in the way! I've been in five institutions since I was 15, yay...woo..hoo.... and yeah, those were pretty stupid ideas, and no, psychiatry didn't help me...growing up did. but putting down people who are suicidal or people who self-harm is really ignorant. until you've done it, you have no idea what it's like. hell, most psychiatrists and therapists don't know what it's like, but at least they aren't disgusted like a lot of the people I meet. "OMG, I just don't know how anyone could cut themselves!!" then I roll up my sleeves...hahah!!!!! the fools, the fools... and I'm no saying I'm proud of what I did in middle school, I just have a lot of old scars. the end.
Quote by esther_mouse

Couldn't have put it better myself.

The thing the threadstarter said about 'normal people'.... how do you measure how normal someone is? I'm sure everyone's felt low at some point or another. Depression isn't a sign of weakness. And most of the time it can't be controlled, it is very possible to get suicidal over something stupid like a breakup. People in that situation aren't exactly thinking rationally are they?
You can thin about suicide a lot, without actually considering it. I have never considering committing suicide, yet I have thought fairly extensively about it. I just wonder what makes people feel like that is their only option, how it affects the people involved, how many people actually do consider it. You can think about it a lot and not be suicidal.
Cory is a girl's name too.

myspace.com/corysmash

aim me at corysmash196
Quote by esther_mouse
that was perfect.

The_0thersid3,

i'm not "normal". (WTF is 'normal', anyway?)

but i've been around long enough to know many people. some of them would be catagorized as normal.

nearly EVERYONE i have known, has contemplated their own mortality and in some cases suicide, at one time or another.

the fact that you ponder this, is not rare.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
.... how do you measure how normal someone is? I'm sure everyone's felt low at some point or another. Depression isn't a sign of weakness. And most of the time it can't be controlled, it is very possible to get suicidal over something stupid like a breakup. People in that situation aren't exactly thinking rationally are they?
very nearly perfect

depression is a period of weakness, in an otherwise healthy life.

it is not a sign of weakness to discuss these things with your friends or to seek help, if you feel desperation. we all need help from time to time.

life can be very difficult at times .......... but it beats the alternative.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.