ok i get these alot... sometimes im totaly awake and i randomly fade out to thaught then i have like... a nightmare sorta thing but im totaly aware im awake and then i get control of my body again when the scary part is over... when im asleep its basicly the same but when i wake up im sorta paralyzed for a second.... its weird... has this hapend to any of you?
Hmm...

Go look in the "lucid dreams" thread. You'll find your answer there.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Change your diet.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Here, try this link:
http://faqs.netlucid.info/ldfaq.html#Can%20anyone%20learn%20Lucid%20Dreaming

(Unknowingly) I've had a lot of experience with Hypnagogic Imagery, I remember false waking, being paralyzed (as usual), and having an Army Sergeant yelling his head off at me. I didn't know about Lucid Dreaming at the time, and that scared me a bit... I often wake up paralyzed though, it just sort of happens to me at random. It's really weird to put all your effort into lifting your head or arm, and having nothing or near nothing accomplished. Even before I knew about LD'ing, I'd had some LD's, just simple ones that I controlled, but I've been trying lately to really achieve what I want from dreams, and let me tell you... It is fun.

By Kylster.

edit: It happens every night

All this might seems perfectly normal. But it's not logical. What you need to do is try thinking logical, do some math or start over again. Tactile Sensations can feel like you are paralyzed and high-voltage painless electricity is jolting through your body. You may experience these vibrations and find yourself leaving your body or having a Lucid Dream. But remember that all this is nothing to fear, it happens every night, whether you are consciously aware of it or not.

yeah.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Last edited by Jinskee at Mar 22, 2007,
that happened yesterday in my psychology exam, i totally spaced out while staring at my page and started dreaming about this guy in my class, i woke up all freaked out cos i didnt know if it was real....it wasnt....damn dream!
IM A GIRL GOD DANG IT!
Erm... You should probably see a doctor. It's not normal to slip into nightmares whilst you're awake.

If you were half asleep, it could be something called Night Terrors: I used to get the all the time, and I still do sometimes. If you want to know what they are then wiki it, I can't be arsed to explain
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
it randomly hapens but i havnt had one in ages (like 4-5 months ) but i had one yesterday in math class and i was wondering if there was a way to ether stop em, or control em (lucid dreaming) because im totaly aware that its a dream

*edit* no there not night terors there just when u kinda... fade out if ya know what i mean? like in the midle of math class i wasnt paying atention and i had one... there realy anoying
Last edited by cosmicneon at Mar 22, 2007,
Sounds like you have sleep paralysis, i get it too sometimes; i will sort of wake up to find i can't move- this usually happens during a light sleep or when i sleep during the day. It has been medically researched and interestingly enough is what a lot of people who think they've been abducted by aliens experience ie. they wake up and can't move, and see a hallucination (this is common to sleep paralysis, it often takes a form we might find scary, like in a nightmare; before the fears of aliens surfaced it was commonly demons and vampires.) Anyway, try looking 'sleep paralysis' up on wikipedia.
I did not get my Spaghetti-O's, I got spaghetti. I want the press to know this.
Executed by injection, Oklahoma.
~~ Thomas J. Grasso, d. March 20, 1995.

Lyrics/Poetry

Fires Burning
Quote by Aidy Damage
Only esther_mouse will get this, but Beef Magazine. *shudders*

Inside joke's are not cool man, not cool.

Especially if teh yakman doesn't understand.

Yes, I just refered to myself in the third-person.

Yakult doesn't care.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
sometimes i dont even see anything... infact once i was looking at the wall just staring out into space when sudenly i felt realy scared and i couldnt move or anything and i could still see the wall and i was realy shitting myself for no reason the i randomly screamed and ran out of my room (i was 7 years old tho )
I have loads of really wierd dreams. I think it's probably a side effect from all the drugs I've taken over the years.
The most common one is where something horrible will happen to me then I wake up only to find I haven't really woken up and it happens again. This reapeats over serveral time until finally I really do wake up. I can be pretty scary sometimes!
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
Quote by Yakult
Inside joke's are not cool man, not cool.

Especially if teh yakman doesn't understand.

Yes, I just refered to myself in the third-person.

Yakult doesn't care.

Can you smell what the yakult is cooking?

DANONE ACTIVE YOU ****!
Yeah i don't see things either, i just half wake up and can't move, filled with this intense panic. Sometimes, on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon when my family is home, i will wake up and they will be walking around and i will be trying to talk to them, only i can't move or speak and well, like i said, the intense panic....

Spooky, no?
I did not get my Spaghetti-O's, I got spaghetti. I want the press to know this.
Executed by injection, Oklahoma.
~~ Thomas J. Grasso, d. March 20, 1995.

Lyrics/Poetry

Fires Burning
Quote by Skin the Sun
Yeah i don't see things either, i just half wake up and can't move, filled with this intense panic. Sometimes, on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon when my family is home, i will wake up and they will be walking around and i will be trying to talk to them, only i can't move or speak and well, like i said, the intense panic....

Spooky, no?

Weird stuff my friend... has anybody ever dreamed being the devil????,i don't actually remember the whole dream but i do remember that i was walking around with some friends i think and then suddenly my self aroused 10 feet from the ground and started screaming "I am the devil" while a reign of fire fell from the sky...it may sound funny but certainly what i felt was not funny at all,i almost shit my self that night
I'm had a dream like that once.

My scariest dream was where I got married to one of my friends, and we ran away to Slovakia. I don't even know where Slovakia is.
Member of the Geddy Lee Fanclub. He pwns you ALL!

Member #24 of the FFVII fan club

STICK IT TO THE MAN
Well, I sat in on a psychology lesson in the computer room. I was supposed to be doing IT homework, but I thought the presentations were more interesting. Anyway, I saw 3 presentations about Freud, so I now consider myself an expert in analysing the meaning of dreams.

Based on your nightmares, I would conclude that you subconsiously want to have sex with your mother, and were abused by your older sister as a child.

those were pretty much Freuds conclusions in a nutshell for the majority of his patients. the majority of his patients being the three presentations I saw... :]
Quote by cosmicneon
ok i get these alot... sometimes im totaly awake and i randomly fade out to thaught then i have like... a nightmare sorta thing but im totaly aware im awake and then i get control of my body again when the scary part is over... when im asleep its basicly the same but when i wake up im sorta paralyzed for a second.... its weird... has this hapend to any of you?

if you are paralyzied for a second you are in sleep paralysis, it been proven people get this when they sleep on their backs just sleep on your side or front.

I get this real bad and it takes some serious control to move my toes just to jump out of it.
i used to have really bad nightmares when i was little (like 5 -6)

erm...

i sometimes get these dream type things, when i first close my eyes as i go to bed

basically, what happens is, i close my eyes, and then all of a sudden, i dream and feel me, falling backwards onto my bed. but the weird thing is, i feel my bed, me falling and all of the air on my back and stuff...its weird

and then i get ones where i am randomly falling from an insanely massive height, and then i end up landing on spikes, or i just hit the floor...and then i open my eyes again. and yet again, i get the full wind in my face and falling sesation in my stomach..

its rather weird
Quote by umop-3p!sdn
Well, I sat in on a psychology lesson in the computer room. I was supposed to be doing IT homework, but I thought the presentations were more interesting. Anyway, I saw 3 presentations about Freud, so I now consider myself an expert in analysing the meaning of dreams.

Based on your nightmares, I would conclude that you subconsiously want to have sex with your mother, and were abused by your older sister as a child.

those were pretty much Freuds conclusions in a nutshell for the majority of his patients. the majority of his patients being the three presentations I saw... :]

if ur not gonna give a serious answer you can go **** urself u wanker