okay guys my dad's getting me a fender jaguar HH. and i have a peavey envoy110 amp.
I only have 180$ left and im thinking of getting a distortion and a wah. any suggestions? my dad's gonna be the one to buy them so i cant really test them out. Which distos and wahs do you guys find nice?
you COULD get a better amp, but that's just me.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Budda or vox *vox $50-80 used depending on model/ $99 new* or budda, $100 used, $150 new , or you can get a plain old crybaby, they're not the Best wahs on the planet but its a wah, solid sound, just need to have really good foot control with it

Depends on what kinda distortion you want,

Metal - get a metal muff $100 good investment
Overdrive - jacques tube blower or a boss OD-2 is good
Strait plain distortion - cant go wrong with boss DS-1s
Fuzz - big muff or boss Fz3
nasty squeal rape tone - Metal zone..

You could just get a new amp too, trade your old one in plus your $180 , probably get yourself some kind of digital thing with 1200 built in effects or something if your not playing out. If you are in a band or playing out, id suggest to you sticking with single pedals, heads, cabs, and if you have combos stick to the classics, dont get wierd combos

A new amp is highly recommended, seeing how he current amp you have isn't any good.

For the wah, buy a Vox V847 for $100. After that buy a Big Muff Pi for Fuzz, or buy a DS-1 for plain distortion.
Sent from my iPad.
Big muffs are fun but you cant use them for every song. THey dont cut heh, they make Muffy Fuzz I love those danm things but its a sad truth you wouldnt want to be caught trying to pull a super duper quick solo with a big muff, they dont articulate single notes very quick, The DS1 and Metal muffs do though
ohh aryt. thanks guys. is a new amp really that significant? i mean, if im gonna play out in gigs and stuff a new amp wouldnt really matter right? educate me guys im a noob. thanks.
well heres my playin out rig..

cost me $2500 and 6 months of Diligent ebaying and store hopping
Quote by Got2MuchGear
Big muffs are fun but you cant use them for every song. THey dont cut heh, they make Muffy Fuzz I love those danm things but its a sad truth you wouldnt want to be caught trying to pull a super duper quick solo with a big muff, they dont articulate single notes very quick, The DS1 and Metal muffs do though

Yep, they aren't versatile, but they're amazing at what they could do though, which is why I love it.
Sent from my iPad.