*Amps*

Peavey Classic 50

*Effects*

Boss MT2 Metal Zone

Danelectro Fab Chorus

Danelectro Fab Flanger
No EMG's are good active pickups
for distortion needs
as are the passive ones but seymours or dimarzios are far better than the emg-hz's

theyll sound sterile and dry so you wont get a blues tone out of it
Personally, I have no problem with HZ's, but for blues you may want to try something else, but hey I have no experience with that pickup for blues, so what do I know. Call EMG and ask for help if you really want to know. You're going to get opinions all over the map on this one. And I doubt that many of the kids that post on this board are going to be able to help you much with a blues sound, but they sure will go out of the way to opine on it.
semour duncans
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Blues and metal won't use the same tone, for blues your standard strat should do the job perfectly well with stock pups, it'll be your amp that needs adjusting, I don't play much blues so I'm not good with amp settings, but UG does have a blues forum y'know...

As for metal any guitar will do, you'll just need lots of distortion and for a generic metal tone you should scoop the mids, and have heavy bass and treble, but try to experiment and find your own tone.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
well then ill get this one and which one will do good for blues btw im putting them in my sg
*Guitars*

Fender Standard Strat

Ibanez DT155

Ibanez RG2EX1

*Amps*

Peavey Classic 50

*Effects*

Boss MT2 Metal Zone

Danelectro Fab Chorus

Danelectro Fab Flanger
Quote by phillikesguitar
No EMG's are good active pickups
for distortion needs
as are the passive ones but seymours or dimarzios are far better than the emg-hz's

theyll sound sterile and dry so you wont get a blues tone out of it

so should i get active?
*Guitars*

Fender Standard Strat

Ibanez DT155

Ibanez RG2EX1

*Amps*

Peavey Classic 50

*Effects*

Boss MT2 Metal Zone

Danelectro Fab Chorus

Danelectro Fab Flanger
fuuuckk dkfjlasdjf; 211
!!!!@E!!
!!@!
#!@#!@
#!#!sljdhasodf jok
*Guitars*

Fender Standard Strat

Ibanez DT155

Ibanez RG2EX1

*Amps*

Peavey Classic 50

*Effects*

Boss MT2 Metal Zone

Danelectro Fab Chorus

Danelectro Fab Flanger
If you are going to go with an HZ for metal, go with the H4. It is the passive version of the active emg 81 and has a similar tone. Actives require a complete rewire of you guitar and are quite expensive. The H4 is pretty high output, the highest of the HZ's, and will give you the best tone for that type of music. Also, you could look at adding an EMG Afterburner or PA2 gain booster to your passive set-up and reap many of the benefits of an active system without going full out into the price and complications of and active set. Do a search om EMG's website and read about what i just told you. It would be a really cool set-up. I plan on doing it to my HZ's sometime soon.