Page 1 of 3
hard to say, seen alot of kick ass bands.

some of the best gigs iv been to were:
Stiff Little Fingers
Megadeth
Iron Maiden
Deftones
My Vitriol
Less Than Jake
Tool
reel big fish put on one of the best live shows around.

for example, despite being a ska band, when i saw them they covered enter sandman just because they fancied haha.

the energy of their shows is just intense
FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?
Since when is Iron Maiden punk/ska????

Else I would say Pain of Salvation... but that isn't punk/ska either

or else... to the threadstarter...

If it's also for Rock etc. then why did you put it in the punk/ska forum
hmmm...

The Pine Hill Haints
Can Kickers
Surrender
The Colonel Dixies
The Marked Men
River City Tan Lines
Alabama Jihad

all come to mind
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
I'm gonna go with the Dead Kennedys and the ANWL. They were good shows.

As for the people who posted non punk bands... why the f*ck?!?!?
ive seen a number of bands from country to punk but my faves

1) 311 (leaps and bounds above the rest)
2) Skankin Pickle
3) Sloppy Seconds
4) Red Hot Chili Peppers
5) Slayer/Less Than Jake....(tie cause of the fact the those were the biggest pits I have ever been envolved in)
Quote by sowhat360
I've seen some punk shows but I wouldn't say they were the best. Here's my list in order.

1. Pantera (Far above the rest on the list)
2. 311
3. Jimmy Buffet (Tons of drunks, great time)
4. Ozzy (second stage at ozzfest during the day..awesome)
5. Metallica (I think everyone there sang louder than James...intense experience)

lucky bastard. man i wish i got the chance to see pantera. ****in nathen gale. i'm gonna piss on that mother****ers grave. but back to the subject at hand....in no perticular order:

1.rob zombie 04/19/02(didn't like much of his solo shit but man what a great show. thunder kiss is amazing(i also remeber this cuz it was my first show and my b-day))
2.the unholy allience tour'06
3.the casualties 08/05
4.the unseen 02/05
5.against me 03/06
Bouncing Souls and The Planet Smashers are my favorite. Bouncing Souls sound just like they do on there albums, and The Planet Smashers have alot of audience interaction, which is a big plus for me.
the best one in my opinion was a local band from around me which would make it local to me, The Remnants. look it up on myspace or something, i havent heard them in a while so im not promising anything.

EDIT:there from chicago, there not from around me.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=5596155
Last edited by indestructible8 at Mar 22, 2007,
Best show I've been to was the Queers, but I haven't seen too many bands play, so my opinion probably isn't that valid.
1. The Planet Smashers (Amazing Crowd Reaction)
2. Against All Authority
3. The Toasters (They played "Reign in Blood" by Slayer...the sax player had on a slayer shirt)
4. Catch 22 (Lots of Skankin)
5. The Flatliners (only because i got my nose broken haha...)
They aren't necessarily punk but the Violent Femmes concert that I went to was a great experience.
Quote by whyvern
hmmm...

The Pine Hill Haints
Can Kickers
Surrender
The Colonel Dixies
The Marked Men
River City Tan Lines
Alabama Jihad

all come to mind

The Can Kickers put on a good show here but everybody was a bit clueless when it came to dancing along to them. What do you guys do at shows with bands like the Can Kickers?
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Last edited by yeahyeah at Mar 22, 2007,
I've been to a total of 2 punk concerts because Binghamton = a shithole for live music but I've seen X and they were fantastic.

So was the Rollins band,

So was Gogol Bordello,

So were Barenaked Ladies, but they ain't punk

Reel Big Fish will come in April so that should be fun as well.
The Unseen
at a show my friend went to he said that their guitarist came on stage ass naked and acidently dick slapped a chick.

Local bands
local shows are so fun cause you can yell stupid stuff at them a suming their your friends in an atemmpt to get them to laugh and mess up.

Unearth Gwar
The best live shows I've ever been to are those of a local band around here called Shadow of a Martyr. Friggin awesome mosh pits, amazing energy, and good crowd interaction.
Here's their myspace if you wanna check em out. www.myspace.com/shadowofamartyr
The Clash
Johnny Thunders & the Heartbreakers
X
The Adolescents
Oziehares
Red Scare
TSOL
Black Flag
Circle Jerks
The Pretenders

saw the Germs, but they didn't make a huge impression at the time -- loved their album, though.

wish I had seen the Sex Pistols!
Quote by BrianApocalypse
I'm gonna go with the Dead Kennedys

me too, not really cause of them though, but the crowd was great. they were suck assholes to the DK. some dude got on stage and started yelling into the mic how DK are not punk, and shit on how they are nothing without jello. i don't really agree, but jeff penalty was kind of odd to hear instead of jellos' lispy voice
I've been to great shows. I went to see the Who. it was quite special because not only was John entwhistle the bass player alive, joe strummer supported. awsome! The Damned were amazing the four times I saw them. The Buzzcocks,dead kennedys, flogging molly, Rancid and the unseen were great. but the three best bands I've seen live are S.L.F, Dropkick murphys and Lars and the Bastards.
Reel Big Fish ftw.
Quote by BlackLuster
DisgruntledDuck, I wish there were more people like you in the world.

Quote by Jaimz
You Sir, have my utmost respect

I have Jaimz' utmost respect and BlackLuster wishes that there were more people like me in the world!
Quote by Doolittle
oh yeah i saw The Pretenders too, they did put on an awsome show

Doolittle, which show did you go to?
Quote by texas78621
Doolittle, which show did you go to?

the one where they opened for The Who at Mohegan Sun. The Who were very cool to see but they just seemed so mad and wanted to be else where

Quote by yeahyeah
They aren't necessarily punk but the Violent Femmes concert that I went to was a great experience.

The Can Kickers put on a good show here but everybody was a bit clueless when it came to dancing along to them. What do you guys do at shows with bands like the Can Kickers?

go ape shit. People jumping around all over the place, dancing, having a good time, people actually dancing with each other not just slamming around, people slamming around while dancing with each other, crowdsurfing, all and all fun.

That's how it's been everytime I've seen them excpet that one time in Birmingham.

Maybe it's cos people in Alabama have more of a reference point to that type of music.
Quote by Doolittle
the one where they opened for The Who at Mohegan Sun. The Who were very cool to see but they just seemed so mad and wanted to be else where

I saw them at this movie theater in Santa Barbara that also put on ballet concerts and such. I think it was in 1979. Lots of fun; Chrissie Hynde was so great.
Quote by whyvern
go ape shit. People jumping around all over the place, dancing, having a good time, people actually dancing with each other not just slamming around, people slamming around while dancing with each other, crowdsurfing, all and all fun.

That's how it's been everytime I've seen them excpet that one time in Birmingham.

Maybe it's cos people in Alabama have more of a reference point to that type of music.

Yeah, around here its pretty much two-stepping/invisible ninja fighting-dancing or standing in the back and nodding your head while being careful not to look too excited about a band, because that wouldn't be cool. It kinda sucks

And I figured that more people would get into their music seeing as I live in the middle of one agriculture capitals of the world and there is a pretty big population of people that came from the south or the mid-west.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Havn't been to many gigs at all, but i thought NOFX on Feb 16th in Melbourne blew my mind.
At their next show they played the decline. I'm so Jelous!!!!
This is Ian speaking
Resista El Impirio :stickpoke
Quote by yeahyeah
Yeah, around here its pretty much two-stepping/invisible ninja fighting-dancing or standing in the back and nodding your head while being careful not to look too excited about a band, because that wouldn't be cool. It kinda sucks

And I figured that more people would get into their music seeing as I live in the middle of one agriculture capitals of the world and there is a pretty big population of people that came from the south or the mid-west.

what'd they do when the Haints played?
Reel Big Fish Great show. Seen them twice now

Infact every ska band ive seen have ruled live. Ska was just made to play live.

The Matches - who supported Reel big fish.

Greenday - I know you will all go "they arent punk you n00b!!! *reported*" But you guys need to get a life.
Saw them at milton keynes "bullet in a bible" And it was amazing, Something about 70,000 people all their for one band, knowing every line.
Most people die with their music still locked up inside them.

Quote by La Qotsa
In Soviet Russia, UG closes YOU.
Quote by lavazza
The Who come to my region in the next time...
Is it still worth (65&euro to go there?

(without John Entwistle and Keith Moon)

Yeah the price is a bit S**t. but I would say its worth it. their new record is pretty good and they'll probably play stuff from that.
Page 1 of 3