My friend is thinking about getting the ESP EC-400. He plays mostly metal and southern rock. Do you guys have any experience with this guitar? If so, what is your take on it, is it any good? etc. Thanks.
It sounds like it would suit him.

What amp does he have?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
ive played a few esps before at guitar shops and thought they were decent...if you pull up esps website a ton of people use them...wehn you say metal and southern rock...you mean like pantera southern, or like skynrd and .38 special southern. or both?
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
skynyrd and 38 special southern. He runs it through a Line 6 Spider II 15 watt practice amp.
Quote by Gabe Hawkins
skynyrd and 38 special southern. He runs it through a Line 6 Spider II 15 watt practice amp.

Just know that his guitar's full potential won't be unleashed with that amp .
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
yeah...dude i would save some money and get a bigger nicer amp with the guitar...you cant get much out of a practice amp..thats too much guitar for that amp. but yeah that sounds good about the gutiar....deffinantly if you got a bigger amp with that that would kick @$$ dude.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
yea i figured, i like his amp, but it could be better, line 6 isn't very good for anything. Still a good choice of guitar though?
Quote by bi-ah!
yeah...dude i would save some money and get a bigger nicer amp with the guitar...you cant get much out of a practice amp..thats too much guitar for that amp. but yeah that sounds good about the gutiar....deffinantly if you got a bigger amp with that that would kick @$$ dude.

Thanks guys, I'll let him know
depends really on how much he wants to spend....if he is serious about playing...i would paly on the practice amp for a little while untill he could get this http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-MG100HDFXMG412-Slant-Cab-Half-Stack-Package?sku=482807 supposed to be good... the orange amps from britain are supposed to be really good too...ive heard a bunch about them...unfortunantly i have never played on the orange amp before though.....the marshall is pretty cool iimo
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Quote by *sigh*
Quote by Gabe Hawkins
What amp would u reccommend?

Tuuuuuuuuuube combo.

Peavey Valveking or Randall RG50TC perhaps.
Quote by utsapp89
Quote by bi-ah!
i would paly on the practice amp for a little while untill he could get this http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-MG100HDFXMG412-Slant-Cab-Half-Stack-Package?sku=482807 supposed to be good... the orange amps from britain are supposed to be really good too...ive heard a bunch about them...unfortunantly i have never played on the orange amp before though.....the marshall is pretty cool iimo

thats just a glorified bigger wattage practice amp, and a bad practice amp at that too
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers