Poll: What is more High-end for you?
Poll Options
View poll results: What is more High-end for you?
Rosewood Back and Sides w/ Sitka spruce
8 50%
Mahogany Back and Sides w/ Sitka spruce
8 50%
Voters: 16.
What is the more high-end tone wood for an acoustic guitar? What would you choose? Rosewood back and sides? or Mahogany Back and sides?
Originally Posted by skater dan0
ive used hairgel as a lube when having a wank it wasn't painful but needless to say my pubes never had so much style
It pretty much comes down to personal preference. I happen to like Rosewood (warmer) better, some people like Mahogany (brighter) better. There isn't really a huge difference. Your best bet is to go play guitars with each to form your own opinion.

When it comes to price, Rosewood costs around twice as much as Mahogany, I believe.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Last edited by roamingbard13 at Mar 22, 2007,
btw forget talkin about tonal differences between the two and that its a matter of preference...I just wanna hear what you guys prefer and what you think has a "better tone". Both woods are bescribed as being warm sounding anyways...
Originally Posted by skater dan0
ive used hairgel as a lube when having a wank it wasn't painful but needless to say my pubes never had so much style
I prefer rosewood but it's just preference. Just buy a good guitar and decide which would you think looks better
Sound is similar.
Most people will pick rosewood. I used to but then I got a guitar with mahogany back and sides and it grew on me.