Im thinking about maybe buying my dad the Boss Dyna Drive. i think its sweet as hell and the way it works is incredible. but i dont think the distortion will be enough for me so im going to try and trade someone my modded MT-2 for an ML-2 or if that doesnt work ill just buy it. But anyhow back on subject, has anyone played with the dyna drive and is it as nice as Phil Gates makes it look in the Boss video?
That pedal is just a gimmick. Any good overdrive pedal responds to picking dynamics, especially into a tube amp.
That pedal is just a gimmick. Any good overdrive pedal responds to picking dynamics, especially into a tube amp.

Also, nobody needs the amount of distortion the MT-2 provides, they just think they do. Distortion is no substitute for volume however, which is a crucial component in a good tone.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Also, nobody needs the amount of distortion the MT-2 provides, they just think they do. Distortion is no substitute for volume however, which is a crucial component in a good tone.

I use all the Distortion the MT-2 offers, unless your a Tribute band to a Classic rock group or in a blues band, you need more distortion, The Mt-2 has the right amount.
Besides you can regulate the distorton with the Dist. knob.

The Dyna Drives are supposed to respond to your picking dynamics.