I want to convert a few .mp3 files into .MIDI files so that I can see tabs for them in Guitar Pro. Does anyone here know of any good .mp3 -> .MIDI software?
As far as I know, this isn't possible...
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
Then how do people make those Guitar Pro files? I can't imagine that so many people listen to each song and figure it all by ear, for like every instrument.. o.O
Quote by grew7
Then how do people make those Guitar Pro files? I can't imagine that so many people listen to each song and figure it all by ear, for like every instrument.. o.O
That's exactly what they do.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

i didnt think you could, but i found a few in google
if everything had a point you'd have to be really careful of pointy things
Gallagher is right. There is no way that could work. You'd have to write software that could discern the different music parts and then write them out.............aint happenin in this lifetime!!
Quote by Hosscat
Gallagher is right.

No ones even said that before

Anyways, yeah everyone who puts a GP5 file up puts everything in themselves.
Quote by Hosscat
Gallagher is right. There is no way that could work. You'd have to write software that could discern the different music parts and then write them out.............aint happenin in this lifetime!!
Well it might... We didn't have home computers 25 years ago. In this life time (give or take 20 years) that kind of software might be available.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

I guess that's true. I had a hard time believing it at first myself, but I saw this:

http://www.mp3towav.org/mp3-to-midi.asp

And thought that if it worked it seemed more likely than someone listening to each song to figure it out. >.>

But the stuff there didn't work, so I came here to see if anything does it. Guess not. <.<

Thanks, for the answers, everyone.
I'm guessing that any .mp3 > .midi converters you find will only work if the .mp3 file was originally created from a midi. Then it might work. Otherwise, nada.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

Quote by grew7
I guess that's true. I had a hard time believing it at first myself, but I saw this:

http://www.mp3towav.org/mp3-to-midi.asp

And thought that if it worked it seemed more likely than someone listening to each song to figure it out. >.>

But the stuff there didn't work, so I came here to see if anything does it. Guess not. <.<

Thanks, for the answers, everyone.

yeah, thats what i saw off google, wasn't sure about it
if everything had a point you'd have to be really careful of pointy things
you defintly can convert it. some software like creative audio converter can do mp3 to midi, although its not free, im sure somewhere on the net theres a free program.
You can, but you're never going to get anything good. It's not really worth ever trying.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
I do this with my ears.But if you looking for software,there's a long way that you can do that.
Look for some stuff that you can mute some tracks of the song,like vocals,basses,drums and etc.When you have just guitar track,your mp3 to midi converter works better.The next time you can mute guitar track and go for bass and...