Hi, me and my band have just recently written our first song (just the riffs at the moment but we are working on vocals and solo). I need to write a solo but I know totally nothing about theory. I was wondering if anyone could help me write it. I would like a medium paced part (working up and down scales, need 2 parts because we are doing a little solo each) and then two finger tapping parts (very simple but sounds quite good). I know enough to maybe do the scale part but I dont have a clue how to do any sort of finger tapping in key. The riff goes A-F-G-A-C-G. Thankyou, any help would be much appreciated
I still don't get why people ask other people to write their songs and solos for them. That is the point, your song should be YOURS!!! Anyways, to tap in a key just keep your left hand finger down on a fret and just tap notes up and down the scale you are playing in. Hope that helps.
Quote by Retribution
Read the rules and FAQs. Take this to Musician's Talk probably.

Reported.

dude who cares what forum its in, pointing out something stupid like that is so not rock and roll

my advice would be to jam with ur m8s and just see if u can accidentaly make something kool, thats what my band does n we've written 5 songs from it.
Quote by sargasm
I like to draw pictures of penises everywhere.

It makes me feel like a big man.

Proud owner of a fender deluxe player's strat - honey blonde/maple neck Here it is

Member of the Stratocaster Lovers Group
Quote by metalzeppelin
I still don't get why people ask other people to write their songs and solos for them. That is the point, your song should be YOURS!!! Anyways, to tap in a key just keep your left hand finger down on a fret and just tap notes up and down the scale you are playing in. Hope that helps.

Im not asking for people to write it. That would be insane lol. I just need some tips on how to write solos, because I dont really know how scales work or anything. Thanks anyway for the help. Oh and the person above your post - get a life.
i agree with metalzeppelin, write one of your own, and it might not be that good, but it will be YOURS
Quote by Retribution
Read the rules and FAQs. Take this to Musician's Talk probably.

Reported.

dude who cares what forum its in, pointing out something stupid like that is so not rock and roll

my advice would be to jam with ur m8s and just see if u can accidentaly make something kool, thats what my band does n we've written 5 songs from it.
Quote by sargasm
I like to draw pictures of penises everywhere.

It makes me feel like a big man.

Proud owner of a fender deluxe player's strat - honey blonde/maple neck Here it is

Member of the Stratocaster Lovers Group
oh dear oh dear oh dear

*cracks knuckles*

I could have banned all of you for that, either read the rules of the forums, or just leave, next time I'll ban you.
Filth, pure filth... That's what you are.
Last edited by The Hurt Within at Mar 22, 2007,