SOLD!

Anyone interested in a Cort Effector guitar with a repaired, but working effects bay? If you're not familiar with them, this is a H-H strat-body-style guitar, overall on the cheap-end of construction. Laminate body, fretboard might be a synthetic material (I don't believe the threads I've seen where people called it ebony -- it most definitely is not ebony). And the tuners have plastic heads (but work fine). The bridge is nice -- Kahler style, with original trem arm. Deep navy blue, gold hardware, and very nicely aged cream pickups.

Pics: Cort Effector

The fun is in the effects bay, though.

Volume - Tone - Speed
Phase - Effects on/off - Delay - (modifier) - Chorus - Distortion

So you'll notice no pickup selector. Oddly enough they left that out. But, the Phase button swtiches the pups in and out of phase, and that's a pretty fun feature. And it works regardless of whether the rest of the effects are on or off.

Turn on the effects with the on/off switch. Off and the guitar is basically H-H, with volume and passive tone control.

Delay - the speed knob affects the delay between the repeats, but you can't directly control the number of repeats.
Add in the (modifier) to get a vibrato effect

Chorus - speed knob controls depth of the effect; add in the (modifier) and you get an autowah effect.

Distortion - nice and simple fuzz tone.

So in terms of quality of the effects -- say 4 out of 10. Since you don't have a ton of control, and the board is not extremely dense, they're very basic effects. That said, it's pretty fun, and you can do some crazy stuff when you feed this guitar into other effects pedals -- if you like making noise, this can be quite the starting point!

I'm hoping to put together some sound clips soon.

When I got it, the effects bay was not working very well. So I replaced all the electrolytics, and that straightened everything out. The one quirk -- you'll see in the original pics a black 1000uF electrolytic cap. I couldn't get one that was small enough to fit back in the same way, so I had to put in one with longer legs so the cap itself is physically located in a different way. The leads are protected, so no risk of shorts, but it might look funny (I'll get a pic of that asap). And the battery compartment cover is broken off -- batteries stay in very well, fortunately!

This would also be a modder's dream becasue of the simplicity of the board. If you trace the circuit, you could VERY easily replace the distortion with a true fuzz face circuit. Or route one of the effects into a small booster circuit. You could also, pretty easily, work in a 3-way (it might have to be a mini-toggle) for the pickups.

So I'm asking $100 shipped. Trades are most definitely welcome -- delay effects, humbuckers, some specific guitar parts, pedalboards, George Ls, bass effects...no guitars at this point, though. Oh, if you have a decent mountain dulcimer, I'd be interested in hearing about it.

I WILL ship internationally, but -- neck must be removed, and shipping will be at cost -- the effective price is $100 plus additional shipping costs over domestic rate (so if domestic shipping would have been $20, and int'l is $80, the asking price is bascially $160).

Thanks for looking, folks!

ltt
Last edited by lethargytartare at Apr 4, 2007,
how much would it be shipping to colorado, if i can rake up some cash i am very interested.
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
how about... a Pro Co Rat distortion pedal, bridge and neck matching nickle covered humbuckers and i'll pay shipping?
Guitars
Fender Telecaster 72 deluxe reissue
BCRich Neckthru mockingbird w/ floyd
Franken Strat, that i built
Amp
Crate V50 5212
Drums
Mapex Pro M classic Sabian AA/Paiste 2002 cymbals Iron Cobra
I'm pretty interested, and I'm in Ontario, Canada. So it's $100 shipping included? How would we do the deal (aka make sure neither of us get screwed)? Where abouts are you located? Also, what year is this thing?
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
$100 is the "shipped in the US" price, so $100 on the nose to Colorado

Quote by Prototype4342
how much would it be shipping to colorado, if i can rake up some cash i am very interested.
Quote by jordanvengeance
how bout a digitech rp-80?

Thanks, but I'd have to pass -- I'm not a big fan of that unit.
Sent you a PM with a couple of questions...

Quote by AcDc_1337
how about... a Pro Co Rat distortion pedal, bridge and neck matching nickle covered humbuckers and i'll pay shipping?
Rough estimate looks like it'd be an extra $10 for shipping to Ontario.

As for safety of the deal, I would give you a bunch of references and you can decide how comfortable you are with the situation (I've got a clean record :-) ). If you had to pay by some paper form, my only requirement would be that the money clear my bank before I can ship.

Year -- dunno, sorry!

(you can see my location in under my icon near Chicago, IL, US)

Cheers!

ltt

Quote by Revalk
I'm pretty interested, and I'm in Ontario, Canada. So it's $100 shipping included? How would we do the deal (aka make sure neither of us get screwed)? Where abouts are you located? Also, what year is this thing?
Last edited by lethargytartare at Mar 22, 2007,
Well, I'm getting a credit card next week hopefull, so I would paypal work? I've got free long distance phone to the US, so perhaps if we do do this deal, I could phone you to know there's a real person on the other end. I seem to get a decent feel from you, and I doubt you're gonna screw me over, but 'eh. I haven't completely decided yet whether I'm gonna get it for sure though..
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
PayPal is always an option, but I don't think it'll be around in a week, unfortunately. If we did agree on a deal, I'd be more than happy to chat by phone -- I totally understand the nervousness around making deals like this. A few days ago I traded $1,000 basses with a guy -- after I dropped my bass off at the post office, I was tense all day until I got the other guy's tracking number...being cautious should never offend someone!

Cheers!

ltt

Quote by Revalk
Well, I'm getting a credit card next week hopefull, so I would paypal work? I've got free long distance phone to the US, so perhaps if we do do this deal, I could phone you to know there's a real person on the other end. I seem to get a decent feel from you, and I doubt you're gonna screw me over, but 'eh. I haven't completely decided yet whether I'm gonna get it for sure though..
Presently, yes. I had a couple of offers that kinda fell into limbo, but at this moment it's still awaiting a new home.

I'm gonna work on some sound clips tonight, hopefully.

ltt
So I'm not happy with the quality of the effect tones, so I'm tentatively going to say that they may need some more investigation. And I really can't tell if they're operating well, or poorly -- I don't have anything to compare them to. The action is tricky -- I'm not sure how low it can go with the current springs in it (in the bridge, that is).

So I'm gonna drop the price a lot, and call this an as-is offer -- so I'm now only asking $50 plus shipping (if you're near Chicago, obviously you can pick it up in person). I DO have the trem arm (even though it's not in the pictures). And the pics of the electronics do not show the replaced caps, one of which is on extensions so I could fit everything back in the control cavity. Here are the pics again: Cort Effector

And I will gladly entertain trade offers.

Let me know if you have any questions.

ltt
hey, i live in Warrenville (30 somthing miles from Chicago) im very interested. i have no clue where glenview is tho.
Overdrive of the Autobot Transformers G1 Club

Van Halen, October 16th, All-state arena, Section 213 Row A
10 minutes northwest of Chicago, actually. I'm right between 94 and 294 a bit north of Dempster, actually. 88E to 294N, hop off on Dempster east and you're 6 minutes (traffic permitting) from my place. PM me if you're interested and we can chat about it.

Cheers!

ltt
Is this Cort Guitar still avail? I live near Peoria and would be willing to pick it up for $50.

Let me know asap. I sent you an email from the website with the images.

Chris
Just sent you a PM.

Quote by woopah
Is this Cort Guitar still avail? I live near Peoria and would be willing to pick it up for $50.

Let me know asap. I sent you an email from the website with the images.

Chris
Quote by lethargytartare
Just sent you a PM.

Sorry, I had my friend (woopah) send that last message, so I did not get the PM.

I will post a payment to PayPal tonight if you still have the guitar. Like I said I live near Peoria (downstate IL) and would prefer to pick it up.

Chris