Im personally not a fan of the whole kirk hammett skull n cross bones inlay design
but i guess its just up to you and your tastes
but also go to harmony central and the reviews on here to have a look at others opinions

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/jackson/dkmg/index.html

and [the higher rated kh esp]

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/esp/ltd_kh-202/index.html
Last edited by phillikesguitar at Mar 22, 2007,
the esp. on musiciansfriend, the kirk hammet signature is almost a hundred dollars cheaper.
I was faced with this decision a few months ago. I went for the Jackson because it was cheaper and easier to get in England. I am really hapyy with it. Don't listen to what people say about the licensed floyd rose - it's fantastic and never goes out of tune and I haven't had a problem with it. The pickups are great for cleans and heavy metal.
Quote by rankine
I was faced with this decision a few months ago. I went for the Jackson because it was cheaper and easier to get in England. I am really hapyy with it. Don't listen to what people say about the licensed floyd rose - it's fantastic and never goes out of tune and I haven't had a problem with it. The pickups are great for cleans and heavy metal.

+1 I own a DXMG and I haven't had a single problem with the bridge/neck/etc. Only thing that is lacking is the pickups and some people don't like basswood (although I believe my DXMG is alder).
I'd say Jackson, but that's just because I don't wanna have someone else's guitar... Try 'em out and see how you like them.

...Although, if I were to buy someone's sig, I would either get the ESP Jeff Hanneman or ESP Michael Wilton models. I actually really considered the Michael Wilton but I found my RG. It's MUCH less expensive and plays awesomely for it's price. It just needed a new pickup(Scremin' Demon!!) and a new bridge. I would say look at the RG370. It's about $100 less and rocks.
TRANSFIXUS SED NON MORTUUS
Last edited by Bassman86 at Mar 22, 2007,
I asked myself th same question and I went with the Jackson. I am really happy. Being from jackson, I figured the quality would be at least decent even though it is from Korea. The action was excellent stock. Just minor adjustments needed. The pickups are good for a while until you want something less dry and boring. The licensed Floyd is pretty good, and they are upgraded now.
Quote by metallifan1
I asked myself th same question and I went with the Jackson. I am really happy. Being from jackson, I figured the quality would be at least decent even though it is from Korea. The action was excellent stock. Just minor adjustments needed. The pickups are good for a while until you want something less dry and boring. The licensed Floyd is pretty good, and they are upgraded now.

All Pro and MG series guitars are MIJ.
Quote by rankine

nice work, i agree with this guy, jacksons are awesome simple as that