Ok, i know i've made a few of these already but i just need to make a final descision. so i play mainly punk, classic rock, rock and funk. I've got exactly the rhythm tones i want with my AC30(although i need a little more gain for punk stuff). Basically what i want is an OD for lead parts.....Im a big fan of Rory Gallaghers tone on the Top Priority album. Can anyone think of an OD that would suit me. Absolute max i'd be willing to spend would be around 200euro...I was almost settled on the Digitech Bad Monkey but then i began to wonder about the low price and i was worried about it not being true bypass...
EDIT...Also i forgot, would this be any good for what im after? http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=019&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=290094774784&rd=1&rd=1
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
You've been reccomending that a lot today!! lol what's the price on those, i couldn't find one
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
I bought mine on ebay for $80.00..... That sound easily from an amp, the amp would be $1200-1500.. for real sound, not simulated Solidstate stuff, Its such an unknown pedal, I'd like to see more people use it I think musicians enemy sells them for $100 something.

Its metal too no plastics.
The tube blowers are about 100 pounds i was just on a site linked from the offical site but ive closed it now hrmmm
I have heard good things about the digitech bad monkey, although I havent tried it myself
WTLTL 2011
Quote by mr_hankey
That seems to be almost exactly the same as the kit I suggested to you in another thread: at 3x the price (albeit finished).

Ya, i was thinking that, which is why i didn't just buy it...il probably buy the kit and get another OD to go with it
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Ok if you have some cash check out the Vox Cooltron series. I have gotten some of the best OD tones out of mine. There are five different pedals in the series I think. Maybe six. I use the Big Ben, but they are all pretty sweet. They have a tube built in that runs cold so it doest have to warm up. I dont use it as much as a boost but really for just some nice overdrive on the clean channel. Seriously....you are missing out if you dont at least look at these.

Bad Monkey is all digital and to me sounds sub-par. No true bypass either. I wasnt impressed with it. Of course you really cant go wrong with a ts9 or a ts808, or the Maxon.
Peavy 6505
Crate G1500
BBE 381
Hamer Standard Flametop
Paul Reed Smith Soap-Bar Maple II
Paul Reed Smith Santana
ProCo Solo, H20 Liquid Chorus

Thrash will never die
Last edited by Crimson_Eve at Mar 22, 2007,
rangemasters are great i played an original one once through a 69 marshall 100 watter and 69 cab, greenbacks, nothin like the "real deal", $50,000 later :S
Quote by Crimson_Eve
Ok if you have some cash check out the Vox Cooltron series. I have gotten some of the best OD tones out of mine. There are five different pedals in the series I think. Maybe six. I use the Big Ben, but they are all pretty sweet. They have a tube built in that runs cold so it doest have to warm up. I dont use it as much as a boost but really for just some nice overdrive on the clean channel. Seriously....you are missing out if you dont at least look at these.

Bad Monkey is all digital and to me sounds sub-par. No true bypass either. I wasnt impressed with it. Of course you really cant go wrong with a ts9 or a ts808, or the Maxon.

The Bad Monkey is completely analog, and for the price of a Cooltron you could get a boutique pedal which is approximately 200 times better (Fulltone OCD anyone?).
+1 on Fulltone OCD being the pwnage.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

Quote by mr_hankey
The Bad Monkey is completely analog, and for the price of a Cooltron you could get a boutique pedal which is approximately 200 times better (Fulltone OCD anyone?).

Yeah I dont know why is aid the Bad Monkey was digital...I must of been thinking about something else there for a min, But either way its nothing impressive.

I wouldnt go saying anything is 200 times better than the Vox pedals. The Vox pedals are so much different than any other pedals I have played. Thats an advantage I would say. Plus huge versatility on them, especially the Dual. Yeah they are expesive but in my opinion if you have a good OD then thats the only pedal you really need. I never said everyoe go out and buy one....but I can see certain people falling in love with a couple of these pedals. And most people have never even tried them.
Peavy 6505
Crate G1500
BBE 381
Hamer Standard Flametop
Paul Reed Smith Soap-Bar Maple II
Paul Reed Smith Santana
ProCo Solo, H20 Liquid Chorus

Thrash will never die
Quote by mr_hankey

*slowly raises hand*
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Is there anywhere in the UK or EU atleast that sells thje Jacques Tube Blower?
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat,
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.
Quote by This_Kidd
Is there anywhere in the UK or EU atleast that sells thje Jacques Tube Blower?

x2....thats exactly what i'm wondering. Damn you Americans and your much less expensive pedals and your analogueman mods *waves fist*
seriously though, i've seen TS9s in USA for $100 but over here they're like €149 upwards...plus Boss pedals are way more expensive too
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90