well, i was wandering if any of you pit-monkeys now how to sing like matt heafy, and would be kind enough to explain a few things or helpful stuf to do to get that scream that sounds quite kewl, im meaning th ascendancy album btw lol
erowid has your answers
i have actually been working on my screaming for years and still am pretty bad at it, i think i may be doing it wrong because you can hear my voice crack and it isnt smooth like when these guys do it...
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
Quote by Aidy Damage
Eat faeces and suck a LOT of penis.

AIDY DAMAGE!!!!

havent seen you for 4 or 5 months

...do you remember me?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
AIDY DAMAGE!!!!

havent seen you for 4 or 5 months

...do you remember me?

I do indeed! I've been around, but not as much... here to pwn Matt Heafy's ass, too?
Why would anyone want to?

Cut your throat. Then you will sound better than Matt. Because you wont be able to speak.
okay, lemme rephrase the question lol. any good tips on screaming for a metal band ?!?!

im quicly changing before the flaming begins lol
erowid has your answers
i like trivium myself...let the flaming begin
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
Well matt heafy doesnt scream anymore
the only reason he did scream was because he couldnt sing
and then he got singing lessons
and then o nthe crusade he sung properley
he even sings the old songs without the screaming

pfft whys its all about screaming nowadays?
Quote by Aidy Damage
I do indeed! I've been around, but not as much... here to pwn Matt Heafy's ass, too?

please accept my emospace add...

and yes I am
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
i like triviums older stuff, thts why i wonna learn to scream, now he 'sings'
erowid has your answers
Quote by gordyboy13
i like triviums older stuff, thts why i wonna learn to scream, now he 'sings'

Matt Heafy is more pro-tools than man
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Screaming is the new trend, which also means it's a sell-out move. How people dare call Heafy a sell-out for doing Araya/Hetfield vocals is beyond me, considering almost -no one- does it anymore.

"If selling out is playing what you wanna play, then whatever." ~ Cliff Lee Burton. R.I.P.