http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Epiphone-Electric-Guitar-in-Cherry-Sunburst_W0QQitemZ110105844529QQcategoryZ33037QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

this is an epiphone les paul studio and the guy selling it is [apparently] from china, and im just wondering if you thing this is a con or not cos you guys obviously know about this sorta stuff [or if anybodys brought from this guy]

the price seems pretty low but then again his feedback is pretty impressive.

cheers

owen
seems real enough for me, but the sellers from china for guitars are usually fake.

up to you if you wanna risk it, try messaging him a few times or something to see if he's for real.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.
Usually the China Scam guitars are sold for like $20 (8-12 British Pounds) but shipping is like 160 British Pounds (they are almost exclusively sold in British currency) making the price around $400-500 American. They also have the disclaimer that shipping costs are non refundable, and that's how they get ya.

They also generally use 'stock' photos for their auctions where you can find 15-50 guitars all using the same picture of whatever guitar knock off they are selling (the Ibanez Steve Vai Jems being a great example of this). The guitars they sell are also, usualy, high dollar, signature series guitars because of the price difference. Instead of just a 'Gibsun' Les Paul, they'd sell the Ace Frehley Signature Series Les Paul with the lightning Bolt inlays and such.

If you sniff around, you can pick out the scammers and knock off artists pretty easy, because their use of the english language is atrocious, and most will say things like 'Genuine Chinese Ancient Craftsmanship' and saying like this. From what I can see, the action is pretty legit, but given the chance, I'd spend a few more bucks to have something shipped from within the country I'm purchasing from just for ease of customs, shipping and speed.
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting: "...holy $hit... what a ride!"
looks legit' to me. dam ugly in my opinion though. needs to be alpine white.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
Hmmmm.... notice the pic of the headstock says "custom"? And 138 pounds is only $271US which is cheaper than even MF sell for.
^It is a custom.

EDIT: It's this. A Epi Les Paul Custom Flametop.

My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Last edited by LightningRider at Mar 22, 2007,