Okay I am going to get a job soon and there a bunch of things I am saving up for and one of them will may eventually be a new bass. I had originally thought I would just get a sunburst MIM Fender Jazz standard and upgrade to a Badass II bridge and get a turtle pick guard and new strings. I then realized that for how much I am spending on this overall. I might as well buy one of the two basses I have always wanted.

The Warwick RockBass Corvette (although I don't know if I would want a 5 string or not)
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/RockBass-by-Warwick-Corvette-Basic-Bass?sku=519085

and my personal favorite

The SRX700
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-SRX700-Bass?sku=519573

I know there both good but I think getting the SRX700 would be the best. It comes out to be a little more money then I wanted to spend but that bass looks like it would last me a long time. It also comes with Elixer strings and I have heard there good.

The only thing I don't like about maybe spending that much on a bass is that I don't know if I would want a 5-string or not. I like 4-strings and I don't really see the point of a 5-string because you get what you need from a regular 4-string bass, its just a little more convenient to have that B string right there I guess.
Rhythm Harmony Melody
I would say the MIM fender. And never buy a bass going on looks, they are one of the least important things
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
I've only played the SRX, and it was good, but I preferred my SR500, which is great, and it's the same price as the Rockbass.
I'd go for the Warwick if you can stand the neck. Those things are God in bass form.
Quote by X Alkaline 3
I dared a Jew to throw rocks at Hitler when he was a young boy..

Never knew he'd take it to heart like that.

iScrobbler

Psalms 62:8
Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.
I suggest either an SRX705 or SR505. Preferrably the latter. Also, Schecter Stiletto Elite-5s aren't bad, I like it more than most Ibanezs. The 5 string is much more convenient, and once you get used to the Low B, you'll never want to go back to a 4 string; trust me.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by Your41Plague12
I suggest either an SRX705 or SR505. Preferrably the latter. Also, Schecter Stiletto Elite-5s aren't bad, I like it more than most Ibanezs. The 5 string is much more convenient, and once you get used to the Low B, you'll never want to go back to a 4 string; trust me.

why are you and MaX saying I should get the SRX500 over the SRX700?

Also, I know the SRX's give great lows, but are they good about mids as well? Those are the two most important things as far as sound goes.
Rhythm Harmony Melody
Last edited by SOCOOLITHURTS at Mar 23, 2007,
it's SR505 not SRX505.. THe SR505 is one of the most successful basses made by Ibanez.. I dig it...but I haven't played an SRX700 before
lol how many threads like these are you gonna make?

edit: if you like the SRX better, than get the srx. id go with a fender though, imo, they both look damn ugly. (i think jazz basses are ugly too, but not as ugly).
the srx is better.
neck through and all. and the rock basses are horrible.
but personally id say get a musicman S.U.B.
as for 5 strings, totally overrated in my opinion. the low b sounds like crap even on high end basses and the necks are too wide and thin or too wide and fat.