Tomorrow I'm jamming with potential band members and I'm not excatly sure what to play. I'm mainly a classical guitarist but I play some metal as well. If our band is to exist we're probably going to be grindcore or goregrind. What are some good songs to play?
Thats a bit random you play classical and some metal but your gonna play grindcore.. you could play some early carcass, only tools and corpses by gorerotted is good.. anything by napalm death too.
^ I play classical and progressive. That's my style.
Quote by Trifixion
Thats a bit random you play classical and some metal but your gonna play grindcore.. you could play some early carcass, only tools and corpses by gorerotted is good.. anything by napalm death too.

I love grindcore, I just don't find the guitar work interesting. I've tried some Carcass, it's really fun but nothing really technical or interesting. I wanna show these guys I can play, but I don't think they'll be impressed by classical.
Can you improvise? The whole point of a jam session is the create new music through improvisation. If you are just playing "songs" then its more or less just a few guys playing songs and not really a jam.
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'
Quote by trey-col89
Can you improvise? The whole point of a jam session is the create new music through improvisation. If you are just playing "songs" then its more or less just a few guys playing songs and not really a jam.

Yes I can but the thing is we're doing it at lunch so there's not too much time to actually get to know each other's styles so I wanna make it quick and to the point.